Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasyTactics.html

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Sorry for the massive delay.

Comments:

To say this run is very optimized is a bit of an insult to the runner, I think. There are very, very few mistakes and each cost a second at most, and as far as I can tell, every measure was taken to ensure that battles are ended as quickly as possible. So, on that note, my verdict is to a...c....c.....e........p.......t....... the run.

Also, I wonder if this run set a new record for the amount of occurrences of people getting nuked in the face in a single speed run?

P.S. The rebels are plotting rebellion.. who would have thought?

Quote:
It's hard for me to say much about this run. The runner did a good job commenting on pretty much everything relevant including the very few mistakes I was able to notice. The audio quality was good and the video was good. The total number of mistakes really only came down to less than 30 seconds over a 4 hour run. The only real way to improve on this is to find better strategies but this run already incorporates a lot of really good new manipulation by changing the Zodiac sign. Very well done. I'd definitely say accept without any hesitation it was a great run sorry about the massive delays on my end holidays were busy for me.

Time on final loaded segment was 4'18:04, the runner gains control at approximately 19 seconds and the boss starts death animation at approximately 4:32. So run time is somewhere around 4:22:16.

Quote:
Just watched this in pretty much one sitting.

I don't really have a lot to add to what the other verifiers have already said. This was an extremely optimized run. The only way I can see this run being improved is if new strats are formed (read: a non-calc run), as I think we're reaching the limit on what a Calc run can be.

I was gonna do segment comments, but those became very short:
1 - Nice tutorial battle. Rad looked like a weenie running back and forth like that, though Tongue
1 - Runner must have hated redoing this battle every time the RNG wasn't kind enough to give him the JP he needed in each of the required jobs.
2 - I have to wonder if the runner couldn't have shot for higher Chemist JP for Ramza...
3-7 - YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7 - Punchin' dem frogs.
8-31 - Lots of plot, with some mass-map carnage thrown in.

So really, in terms of improvements, starting with higher Chemist JP would probably be the only serious improvement since it's the most painful to grind from a low JP.

Decision: ACCEPT.

Timing:
Final Save was 4:18:04.
Segment 31 gained control at frame 1125 (0:18.769)
Final damage numbers were fully visible at frame 16249 (4:31.087)
Length of control was 4:12.318.
Final time would be 4:22:16.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to John 'chessjerk' Kearsley IV!
Thread title:  
Thanks to the verifiers!

I am in complete agreement about the lack of high starting Chemist JP at the beginning. However, after getting a good opening battle (< 10 minutes, which was not common at all), and mostly everything else I was looking for, I was satisfied with the result. However, it's tough to figure out how much time is lost because of this. If Ramza had higher Chemist JP, during the Gariland battle, the chemists would have waited instead of attacking. But, they also would have received more turns (from saving excess CT), requiring them to wait more frequently. I figure 30 seconds tops is lost here.
Make it so.
Very much looking forward to this run, great job Chessjerk
A new FFT run....

*sees it's Chessjerk again*

Well that explains that. Can't wait to watch.
Good job.