--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasy9.html

Final Fantasy IX (ntscus) (psx) [Any %] [Segmented]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Mindez:
Finally got time to watch this run over the weekend for verification. Nice run, definitely makes good use of the fact that it's a segmented run in terms of RNG.

No cheating detected, clean run with very little scope for improvement for this route and remarkably faster than the RTA world record. Audio/Video clean, game ending is missing but it's intact up to the end of the run timing-wise.

Accept.

Quote from Eternalspirit:
Apart from the ending not being included, looks good.

Quote from Mrzwanzig:
As the sole FF9 runner among the verifiers, I will mainly comment on the run quality and leave the video assessment to the others, since it's not my area of expertise (though for what it's worth, it looks fine to me).

Simply put, it's good. The battle strategies are optimized as only a segmented run can, reducing most bosses to nothing in one or two turns. Movement both on the overworld and in menus is also pretty much solid throughout. There are still a few easy timesaves in this run, the most notable being the Black Waltz 2 fight, which currently doesn't make use of the Fira skip (30 seconds or so from not healing and not getting Fira). Still, considering the enormous amount of resets required in a run like this, the obvious effort and skill on display, as well as the massive timesave compared to the old run on SDA, this is still a definite yes for me.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Reverv'!
Thread title:  
Thanks verifiers for sifting through this mountain of footage to get this run through! I figured I would exclude the ending simply because its about 30 minutes long and figured unneccassry. I am redoing the run because of what MrZwanzig wrote; there are some slight time saves and things I want to fix, so I will be sure to include the full ending this time. Cheers!
0-10
Oooooh, congrats. Looking forward to seeing this one
Is there any reason this hasn't been posted to the main page yet? It's been 3 months since I submitted and a month since acceptance...
DS Dictator
SDA is going through publications of other runs first before yours goes up.
My 4 minute Fantasy Zone run was submitted way back in February this year, then got verified through public verification in June (this was before the faster 1-2 week public verification method) and it got published almost 5 months after verification.
Staff writing for the front page could be another reason why you don't see it updated 365 times per year, although there was at least 1 very straight forward post update a year ago by radix.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Oh wow, Essentia's dusty segmented obsoleted! Nice, Reverv!