List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Interlude SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Okay this is for FF4 interlude and quickly seriously, i'm going to state openly up front. REJECT

This run abuses a lot of one person doing something so the AUTO battle option is sparingly used. This isn't really a problem except for the fact that the runner never turns the battle speed down. Its at 3 at all times. The difference between a run that can do everything this does on battle speed 1 vs 3 is at least a minute faster if not more. Especially based on the running from fights (which are done a few frames faster generally), and the fact that the waiting on a single character to act again would also be a second or two shorter (at least).

The run also has a few movement errors in it, like forgetting to grab the elixir in the set of chests which costs a small amount of time, but in a shorter SS of an RPG like this. I just cannot forgive this fact. Its also in a set of 3 chests which he should be opening all of them. There are also a few minor things here and there between movements that can be cleaned up.

but i'm REJECTING for the most part of the lack of battle speed adjustment and how much ttime this wastes. Also not enough usage of AUTO battle. AUTO battle speeds up everything and should be used as often as possible. This makes the psp versions a bit more tricky to run.

Quote:
The visual and audio quality I approve of but:

I will have to reject this run, mostly on the same grounds as Verifier 1's rejection. The battle speed not being set to 1 affects the flow of many battles making them slower and making escaping a bit slower, also what really killed it for me is not using auto battle during spell animations. It would substantially speed up many battles as it shortens spell animations upwards of 3 seconds or more.

On top of that not grabbing that treasure early on and then walking back to it is pretty silly. The run seems very simple though, and I encourage you to try again as I believe you can do better. The battle strats seem solid and everything, but I feel a lot of time can be saved from very simple things.

Decision: Reject

Quote:
I don't have much to add to the other verifiers' responses.  I'm going to have to reject this run for the same reasons: not setting the battle speed to 1, not abusing auto battle nearly enough, and having to go back to get the missed treasure chest.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Too many costly oversights.

This run will be available for a month. PM me for a link.
Thread title: