List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yeah, that's really the game's title.

Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Nicholas 'Sir VG' Hoppe's run

Quote:
Sorry it took so long, got held up with school and finals and graduation and the such. But here's the verification:

FF:CC: The Crystal Bearers verification

Audio: Good
Video: Good

Segment 1:
The first minigame is always the same length, and the second one really couldn’t have been much shorter, if at all. That ship is really hard to control. And hitting walls doesn’t actually really slow you down. So first segment is good.

Another note here: I’m glad to see that he knows the trick where you can sometimes do two dodge rolls in a row. I haven’t really found an extremely consistent way of doing this myself, so the fact that he pulls it off half the time is really pretty good. Of course, doing it every time would be more desirable. But the rate that he pulls it off is good, so I’m not going to deduct any points or anything. -_-

Segment 2:
Jacks some money from the people on the train, for some quick cash. He does a decent job catching the ferret, but people kept getting in the way. And then Layle goes crazy and jumps out a window. Whatever. Again, the minigame can’t be done any faster or shorter. He then cleans up the monsters quite nicely.
In the ruins, he gets caught up on one of the ceiling hooks, wasting about 6 seconds or so. I’m not quite sure what happened. But the rest was good. The escape was also nice and fast. Good segment.

Segment 3:
The battle goes all right. Seeing how this is the only substance in the segment, it probably could have gone a little quicker. Especially with the skeleton there at the end. Otherwise, good segment.

Segment 4:
Cutscene, then he kicks some chests like a pro and more cutscene. Nothing really to report here.

Segment 5:
Another good segment. Nothing to report.
Segment 6:
The “battle” with “Goldenrod” was absolutely amazing. I’ve never had that much luck there before. And then of course, he just dashes through the forest with ease. With Bahamut, he missed the third shot, and then lost the sword, and couldn’t find it for a while. But other than that, it was a good battle and segment. Also, I’m just going to trust that he knew that that Zu was the easiest and fastest. I never honestly figured out a good way of doing it, and his is way faster than mine.

Segment 7:
Cut-scenes.

Segment 8:
Another running segment, really. And as for the “Butt Bumping” game, I’m with VG, I have no idea how it works. And from what I can tell from GameFAQs, etc., nobody else does either. Still, he managed to get through it in decent time, so I’ll give it a pass.

Segment 9:
More running.

Segment 10:
More running.

Segment 11:
More running.

Segment 12:
More running.

Segment 13:
More running, but kills a goblin for some health. It was a quick fight, so if he needed the health boost, it was a good one to do.

Segment 14:
Good segment. He gets stuff done and timely.

Segment 15:
The Blaze fight was amazing. The mini-game afterwards also went very well. As well as the run away sequence after that. Overall a very good segment.

Segment 16:
It seemed unnecessary to throw the chest off the edge in the moogle forest. I’m pretty sure he could have just picked it up and threw it behind him. Otherwise, a good segment. But stealing cash from Chime was quite rude. D:

Segment 17:
More running. (And some dancing)

Segment 18:
The battle is actually pretty rough, and he just absolutely dominates it. So props for that. The Selkie escape goes well. Other than the few idiot Selkies who were just running around. But there’s nothing you can do about that.

Segment 19:
More running.

Segment 20:
And to finish it off, a pretty damn good boos fight. He gets hit quite a bit, but he doesn’t die, so that’s good enough.

Final decision: Accept. There are a few ways the run can be faster, but it is honestly a very good run. VG obviously knew the game well, and was able to pull off a solid run because of it. 

Quote:
Video quality is fine. No cheating detected.

Segment 1:
Piloting the Alexis II is pretty difficult even on medium speed so was not expecting something perfect here. Crashing into  the sides barely cost much time anyways.

Segment 2:
Lots of cutscenes, little action. Accidently targetted Althea a second time but I suspect things like this will happen  several times over the run. The pointer precision can be quite annoying at times.
A little bit time wasted when grabbing the myrrh fragment, partly due to being disoriented after the fight and partly by  running over to pick it up. Pointing at it is enough to pick it up.

Segment 3:
Abit of mistargetting during the fight but overall it went quick. Probably should have collided those two last enemies  instead of taking them one at a time.

Segment 4:
Whole segment is a cutscene :O
Swift chest kicking!

Segment 5:

Flicking the myrrh fragment chest to the side and pointing at it while running away would have been faster than lifting  the chest. Is the cave entrance that leads to the well blocked until you enter the Vineyard for the first time? Can't seem  to remember but if it isn't, that path would be faster.

Segment 6:
Nice GOldenrod fight technique, it probably won't go any faster than this. Missed the first vine climb by running too  close to the wall, lost a couple of seconds. The rolling in the forest could have been better timed with the enemies so  that the damage taken could have been completely avoided. Bahamut fight wasn't badass, it was just bad. Sure I can  understand that taking your time to aim that rusty sword is preferrable since you can miss so easily otherwise, but at the  third throw that extra care second cost another 30 seconds due to loosing the sword. A 30 second mistake is pretty  significant in a segment mostly consisting of cutscenes.

Segment 7:
Oops, I think I snoozed off and missed the 3 seconds of gameplay in this one. Death to unskippable cutscenes.

Segment 8:
You can land two rings on Artemicion and it will give you a medal for it (I have it). I think it has something to do with  which way he is facing when you throw the rings.

Segment 9:
Bumping into the trolley at 00:32:00 train game time will skip the rest of the first stealth sequence as well as the card  return scene. This saves as much as 40 seconds. This trick was probably not known when the run was made.

Segment 10:
Why so bent on running over items when you know you can simply point at them? Lost a couple of seconds grabbing the  library treasure contents this way. Rest of the segment pretty much only consists of running.

Segment 11:
Gotta love the reactions from Layle when you cancel out from reading a letter before it is even shown ほほえみ
Eating a dead pepper prolongs the dash but does it also make the dash any faster? If it does it might be something to  consider. Why take the Steam room path when running to the workshop? Even though you need to pull a lever open it first,  going through the Incinerator is several seconds faster. And why also take the steam room path when going back from the  workshop?? This time you have no levers to pull so going through the incinerator would have been atleast 20 seconds faster  since it puts you almost next to the exit of Bridge town.

Segment 12:
Cutscenes and running. Good running.

Segment 13:
Nice Samurai fight, he sure took a beating. Still no need to run over the myrrh fragments.

Segment 14:
Not much to comment on here. Good use of running between the rooms prior to the start of the tiny cutscenes.

Segment 15:
Now this was a fast Blaze fight. Won't be better than this. Why skip all the torches in the black chocobo game? They give  you speed boosts, not slow you down. Why does Blaze suck so much in the next cutscene? He even said that he was powered up  by the reactor but still, he just plain out lost without giving any fight at all. Silly director choices.

Segment 16:
That vine on the myrrh fragment chest branch, doesn't it lead back up? Would be faster to throw the chest sideways  parallell to the branch and then just take the shorter climb up.

Segment 17:
Not much to say here, transporation, abit of dancing and a buckload of cutscenes.

Segment 18:
I think getting the escape pod finish on the crystal armor would have finished the fight slightly earlier.
Ugh yea, this save the selkies minigame is really annoying. Once I've had Vaigali completely bug out and taking 2 minutes  to get out after being the last one left.

Segment 19:
Save att Grasslands station instead. Taking Queen's Garden warp to Central Platform in the next segment is much faster  than running there.

Segment 20:
Pretty good boss fight. Abit hesitation in the last phase targetting random things. I'd like to see the proposed battery  strategy for this phase as doing this fight the regular way seems very slow. Leaving the two rightmost batteries in the  previous phase and then using them in the last should be enough to clear out the armor right down to the core.

Overall a pretty good run. There are several minutes that can be saved by abit better execution and the use of some new strategies. I'd like to see v4 of this in order for it to be a definite accept but this being a first time run without previous competition it's still an accept from me.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Crystalline
Thread title: