Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Faxanadu.html

Rhett 'ShinerCCC' Dobson's single-segment run with deaths

Verifier Responses

Quote:
faxanadu was an easy accept, it's an improvement yeah
the route is a little different but the biggest new trick is the tas pause glitch
it's tricky to do but it can extend your flight duration since the timer only counts in whole seconds
i hate how it breaks up the music but that has nothing to do with how good the run is, and it's much better than the tas in that regard anyway
biggest mistake is he falls off a ladder once for no real reason, it's really well executed overall though
he definitely knows the whole game back and front
ps shiner needs to join team sda for next stgt, he could be like our mascot or something

Quote:
Verifier: watched faxanadu, it was really good
Verifier: the pausing was pretty annoying, but annoying is ok in the name of speed

Quote:
Faxanadu. Haven't played this game in a long time, for sure. This'll be a nice throwback of a run.

Audio quality is fine, though a bit buzzy at times, and the natural volume seems a bit high. Video quality is acceptable, kinda fuzzy, but doesn't impede with viewing the run.

Quite honestly, this game's a bit too long for me to want to do a full breakdown. I do like the early route taken with the Wing Boots uses, and how he has 2801 gold when it comes to buying the first ones to set up the route. Bosses are slayed excellently, and I see no major mistakes in the run, besides somewhat minor ones, like falling off a ladder or two. Nothing that disqualifies it from SDA's standards, and it's a significant improvement of several minutes over the current run.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's an improvement, and a big one to boot.
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Congrats Shiner!

Can't wait to see this one.
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
Quote:
Quite honestly, this game's a bit too long for me to want to do a full breakdown

lol I know who this verifier was!!!11

Thank you SDA! Quixim and I will be throwing together an audio commentary shortly.

I need to talk to Tyebo about the re-encode (Forgot a Station ID), once I have it I can start torrenting the run to SDA!
Quote from ShinerCCC:
Quote:
Quite honestly, this game's a bit too long for me to want to do a full breakdown

lol I know who this verifier was!!!11

Thank you SDA! Quixim and I will be throwing together an audio commentary shortly.

I need to talk to Tyebo about the re-encode (Forgot a Station ID), once I have it I can start torrenting the run to SDA!

I don't think you and I have ever formally talked, so the only place you could know me from would be the old Ika and/or Superplay forums. Tongue And you'd better damn well give us a commentary, and it'd better be as awesome as the other one you did a couple years back. Tongue
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
What is with this game and ika/super-play? I never posted much there, but I did sign up and post some. I think there was a filter to replace ShinerCCC with Tyebo's lover. Wink

Man, that last commentary was so awesome, does anyone have the link still?

BTW I think Shiner thought the last guy was Breakdown and that's why he quoted that. Breakdown's the middle guy. I'm the first guy, the last line gives it away if nothing else.
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
commentary is recorded but I still haven't talked to Tyebo.

Adilor isn't Breakdown whoops

Enhasa: http://demyen.ca/ikaruga/shiner/faxanadu.avi
only highlight is Dr. Phil Collins IMO. "DON'T TRY TOO HARD"
I forgot to quote him in this new commentary >_< ;_;