Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Fable.html

100% single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio/Video: great quality, no problems at all

The Good:
The runner wastes almost no time collecting items and completing quests, and avoids backtracking as much as possible. While there are a few execution mistakes, most are just the fault of the control scheme (why did the devs put roll/block on the same key?).

The Bad:
Towards the end of the run there's a huge amount of bad luck. The first being the game glitching out twice during Fist Fighters 4, requiring the runner to manually run his way out of Knothole Glade and back in.........twice. More bad luck hits during the Darkwood Disturbance quest, where the runner fails to notice Briar Rose was knocked out of position. Then she gets hit out of position again (by his own merc). Later, the runner sacrifices his hired hand too soon at the Temple of Skorm and has to scramble to get Skorm's Bow. More time is wasted gathering and sacrificing 3 townsfolk before the runner remembers to sacrifice the Twinblade merc (which he then has to gather and sacrifice). To finish off his evil deeds, the runner then takes some time out to work on his boxing skills...........using Lady Grey as a punching bag. The divorce gives him 600 evil points so he can max out his final evil spells, however doing so is not needed (more in a bit).

Time wasted:
Fist Fighters: 2 mins and 22 seconds
Darkwood Disturbance: 1 min and 54 seconds
Temple of Skorm: 1 min and 9 seconds
Divorcing Lady Grey: 1 min and 55 seconds

Total: 7 mins and 20 seconds

For the Temple of Skorm, the runner should've hired two more good mercs (for a total of 3) to gain the most evil points. The ones that give the most are: Oakvale merc (next to cemetery entrance), Temple of Avo merc (which he already had) and the 3rd is the Twinblade merc (which he scrambled to get). If those 3 are sacrificed at midnight, you gain between 600-800 evil points each (the less evil you are, the more you get). Not only does this give you the Skorm's bow really quickly (usually takes just the first sacrifice) but makes divorcing Lady Grey unnecessary.

Assuming it takes 20 seconds to obtain both mercs that he didn't originally have when first attempting the sacrifice, this drops the wasted time to 6 mins and 40 seconds. To obtain these times I removed all loading/dialog/menus and simply timed the backtracking and excess running (however I'm not 100% accurate).

For most games that span a few hours to complete these mistakes wouldn't have much of an impact, but Fable is a relatively straightforward game with more running around than anything else. There are random elements to deal with, but none that should waste as much time as seen in this run (unless you count all of the small mistakes that are common in a SS run).

I don't like doing this, but I'm going to reject this run. The mistakes in Darkwood Disturbance and Temple of Skorm were easily avoidable and waste way too much time. The glitching during Fist Fighter's 4 was extreme bad luck. Adding in Lady Grey was a planning oversight. If the run had only 1 or 2 of these mistakes I'd give it the green flag. But to have all of them in is a run killer for me. This seems like a run that would've been better served as a test run posted on the forums before submission to generate some more feedback on strats and routes.

Quote:
Verification for: Fable 100%
Audio: Great
Video: Excellent

No noticeable signs of cheating. A few mistakes here and there, mostly misclicks, but nothing major worth noting. The Arena was one of the most entertaining moments I've ever seen in a speed run. The obvious answer is accept.

Then later the runner gives me this message.

Quote:
Once this run gets verified you can reject it because ill be improving it with the aid of verifier comments etc.

Decision: Reject

Reason: The runner rejected it himself.

I'm sorry it took me this long to remember to reject this run. :| Anyway, as always, the run will be available for a month. PM me for the link.
Thread title: