List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Fable.html

David Arnold's Single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Just finished watching this, and I am definitely impressed. I'm not gonna list all the things wrong with it, though. The thing is, if the runner didn't even list the errors him/herself, they would hardly be noticed in the first place. This run is so entertaining and impresses on so many levels. Video and audio quality is excellent, and no cheating. This is without a doubt a run that needs to be posted for everyone to see.

Quote:
I really enjoyed watching this run. It's really clear that the runner is very good at this game (and at speedrunning it). I have to say, I was quite impressed with how consistent the quality of gameplay was throughout the run, considering it's a single-segment run too. Really nice run.

I would definitely accept this run.

Quote:
Fable: The Lost Chapters Verification

I’m writing down things as I watch, so I don’t forget. I’ve been looking forward to verifying this run, as I love Fable Smiley

Movement – There are a few times where the runner stops for a fraction of a second, or gets caught on a wall or terrain.
-Misses a couple of shots on the beetles in the Melee Combat Test.
-Got hit by Whisper in the practice fight and missed a couple of shots.
-Missed a couple of hits on the wasps/wasp queen.
-I laughed at the fact that you bought apple pies and sold them at the same trader for a profit many times, pretty good idea haha.
-When fishing, the line snapped the first time and so had to try again.
-Missed the headshot on the bandit the first time, get better aim! Tongue Haha.
-Certainly got a lot of experience from that fight against the White Balverine.
-Missed one of the wasps in the 3rd wave.
-Balverine fights could’ve gone better if you had the perfect luck.
-Whisper seems to annoy you more than she helps you, especially against that bandit in one of the waves.
-Got knocked down by the Arachdos.
-As the runner said, the fight against Whisper wasn’t too great, definitely could be improved upon.
-Like the runner said, the digging of the glyphs was unlucky, but you can’t really change that when they’re random.
-Killing the guards of the guild master could’ve gone faster.

Audio: Good
Video: Good
No Cheating

Overall, this was a great run. Movement could have been improved on, as sometimes the runner gets stuck on walls or other objects, but generally it was quite good. Menu speed also could have been improved, as in some parts the runner stopped or went into the wrong section, but once again it was overall good.

Accept.

Quote:
Just finished watching.

No cheats, good capture quality, etc.

Game was well played overall. There were the niggling mistakes along the entire thing (rolling or rushing the wrong direction, getting caught on walls), but that was to be expected; Fable's controls were pretty poor all-around.

The most noticeable (but not necessarily most time-consuming) mistakes seemed to come whenever he made visits back to the Guild, or when he was destabilizing Albion's economy. He seemed unsure of how much experience to spend or how much gold he needed to dupe, and often spent several seconds contemplating his next move. A bit more number crunching would probably make those spots go a lot smoother.

He probably should also have tested to see if the Solus Greatsword was really necessary. It took him about 2:15 to get it, and I'm not sure if it really saved that much time in combat.

Regardless, I don't see any reason to reject this. It has better strategies than the existing Fable run, and completes that game + the expansion content in in just about the same amount of time as the existing record for that game.

Verdict: Accept

Quote:
Finally, an update to an old run (with new content to boot!!).

Audio/Video: no problems at all
Cheating: aside from pulling a fast one numerous times to rob merchants blind, no cheats detected

Employing a few different strats, the runner manages to not only beat the game fast, but does so faster than the older Fable run (and that's with going through the main game PLUS the expansion) by 14 minutes. Now that's what I call choppin the clock. As of right now, the only way to beat the game faster would be to clean up the already tight gameplay or tweak the strats for faster fights (which won't be easy).

Overall a very nice run. There are a few rough spots, but nothing that's run breaking. The runner's comments talked about 2 areas that could've been improved, but the savings would only be worth 2 minutes max, so re-doing the run isn't worth the possible time loss in the glyph dig quest.

Definite accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Beats the old run while going through the main game and the expansion? Yes please.
Thread title:  
Thanks to all 5 verifiers who took the time to verify my run and of course thanks for accepting it Tongue

I'd just like to list a few small things about the verifier notes:
Quote:
Movement – There are a few times where the runner stops for a fraction of a second, or gets caught on a wall or terrain.

that's the negatives of using assassin rush to speed up movement. If a person is near you, it locks onto them and when you use assassin rush it makes you go towards them. I forgot to put these in my notes a second time but I'd like to honorableJay for giving me the idea to use assassin rush and roll for movement which probably decreased the run by like 5mins.
Quote:
in some parts the runner stopped or went into the wrong section

Thats the reason why i seem to go in the 'wrong direction'
Quote:

i dont know why but swatting beetles is hard to perfect
Quote:

that was 1 or 2 misshits losing less than a second. why are u listing that??
Quote:

yeh. That was a HUGE mistake. I realized that i should have brided the assassin after the run was done.
Quote:
It's really clear that the runner is very good at this game (and at speedrunning it)

haha thats because i have played it way too much
Quote:
The most noticeable (but not necessarily most time-consuming) mistakes seemed to come whenever he made visits back to the Guild, or when he was destabilizing Albion's economy. He seemed unsure of how much experience to spend or how much gold he needed to dupe

Quote:
He probably should also have tested to see if the Solus Greatsword was really necessary. It took him about 2:15 to get it, and I'm not sure if it really saved that much time in combat.

in any sort of menu, the in-game timer pauses so no time gets lost. I put those in my notes at the very top.
I dunno why but when im upgrading my attributes, even thou ive written down what im gonna upgrade i just get panicky for no reason and end up screwing up selections

I should start playing fable again so I can get cracking and record my 100% run. But first I need to get confirmation from mike on a 100% list
Quote from d_arnold07:
Thanks to all 5 verifiers who took the time to verify my run and of course thanks for accepting it Tongue

I'd just like to list a few small things about the verifier notes:
Quote:

that's the negatives of using assassin rush to speed up movement. If a person is near you, it locks onto them and when you use assassin rush it makes you go towards them. I forgot to put these in my notes a second time but I'd like to honorableJay for giving me the idea to use assassin rush and roll for movement which probably decreased the run by like 5mins.
Quote:
in some parts the runner stopped or went into the wrong section

Thats the reason why i seem to go in the 'wrong direction'
Quote:

i dont know why but swatting beetles is hard to perfect
Quote:

that was 1 or 2 misshits losing less than a second. why are u listing that??
Quote:

yeh. That was a HUGE mistake. I realized that i should have brided the assassin after the run was done.

I was the verifier d_arnold.

Yea, I saw that you said that it locks on (and I noticed this), but I still mentioned it. Was a bit critical at times, but was just pointing out what could be improved on, don't take it to harshly, cause I knew when I was writing it down that it was harsh. It was a very exceptional run Smiley
Quote from Eldar:
Yea, I saw that you said that it locks on (and I noticed this), but I still mentioned it. Was a bit critical at times, but was just pointing out what could be improved on, don't take it to harshly, cause I knew when I was writing it down that it was harsh. It was a very exceptional run Smiley

as a verifier you have the right to be as nitpicky as you want so don't worry. thanks for verifying and im glad u thought it was a good run