1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Single-segment new game + hard Musou mode Shu story run.

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and Video were fine.

No Cheating.

Gameplay:
Pretty solid. I remember this game frustrated me when it would seem to take it's time for events like opening doors and cut-scenes, that must have been frustrating. Like I said though, pretty much in every level the runner rides to the necessary commanders, kills them,  and beats the level.
I can't imagine a faster way, other than just being a little bit luckier with the enemy's blocking.

Accept.

Quote:
verifier: hey, questions about the Dynastye Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends run by MAS
verifier: was the run for an IL chart or for separate kingdoms
verifier: also would it still be considered a new game+ run if the story mode was new, but the characters used were built up?
[00:24] <jewyama> yeah it would be new game + run in that case
[00:24] <jewyama> and I think separate kingdoms
[00:24] <jewyama> also game wasn't run by mas
verifier: well in that case, I'm rejecting it
verifier: due to the fact that two stages were unneccessary if he hadn't even touched the story he ran
verifier: also I beat his time using the same route in his run, but with a better character for killing
[04:53] <jewyama> I don't understand the two unnecessary stages
[04:53] <jewyama> but yeah better character for killing
[04:53] <jewyama> that does suck for him Tongue
verifier: I don't know how long he planned this out, but it didn't take me very long
verifier: well here's the thing
verifier: there's side stages that are unlocked when playing the main stages
verifier: he avoids one of them by playing an extra stage early on (1st act)
verifier: but after the 2nd act, you run into the other from one of the requirements which is to have beaten the story mode for that side once
verifier: but altogether, if it was a completely fresh run through of that story mode, he could have avoided having to pick up a stage early on and being forced to play a side stage later

Decision: Reject

Reason: Plays some unnecessary stages, and a better character can be used for the route (I don't think it's really worth having separate categories per character because there's 50+).
Thread title:  
fucking .gif....
also, why Hard mode and not Expert?
Quote:
Reason: Plays some unnecessary stages, and a better character can be used for the route (I don't think it's really worth having separate categories per character because there's 50+).

Because of that "clear" under the kingdom, you start getting Tales stages. Ru Nan can be completed faster than Si Shui Gate can, and I'm fairly certain of that.

Quote:
verifier: due to the fact that two stages were unneccessary if he hadn't even touched the story he ran

He did touch the story he ran, look carefully at the story selection.

Quote:
also, why Hard mode and not Expert?

Everyone tends to block a lot more on Expert, plus the officers hit a lot harder. But I suppose if it's an "the only difficulty" situation... Well, I'm not sure where to go from here, but if there's an improvement to be had, I'll find it I guess.
fucking .gif....
terribleno, that's the point.  if he didn't clear it, he wouldn't have a need to plan for 2 additional stages. 
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
I was the third verifier that forgot to post his comments... >_<

Basically I'm with the 2nd verifier and would have also said reject.  Reasons are pretty much the same; playing on stages that aren't really needed to be done.  DW4 story mode just requires you to play the last of each stage to move onto the next chapter (from what I can remember), so while it is easier to play through that final stage of the chapter, it would just be a tad bit more harder, but the time would still be the same.  As for characters, really you can just say Wu, Wei, Shu, and Other specific characters: outside of that, I agree that there isn't a need to make seperate catagories.  However, if we are talking about DW5, then that will require different characters since they all have a different storyline.  I hope the runner considers to retry the run, we are long overdue for DW-type games to be added on SDA.
Quote:
terribleno, that's the point.  if he didn't clear it, he wouldn't have a need to plan for 2 additional stages. 

Ok, I think we're going to need a ruling on this. It's NG+, so by definition the story is cleared and the character is built up. Are there varying degrees of NG+?
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote from Terribleno:
Quote:

Ok, I think we're going to need a ruling on this. It's NG+, so by definition the story is cleared and the character is built up. Are there varying degrees of NG+?

I can try to elaborate a bit...  in the world of DW, NG would be starting with nothing; no equipment, no xp, no bodyguards, and no other additional pieces you got at the start.  Now for NG+, just by being lvl 2, that just might qualifies.  Doing any sort of "training" before recording would be seen new game +...

To be honest, it would be in any runner's best opinion to just train and get to high levels to just run through it, even a Normal NG can cause alot of problems if you don't have any attack, and if the enemy blocks your attack, you are going to die fast.

Damn it, I need to get working on DW5 again so I can get some DW speed runs done. 
(Does anyone have a 100% DW5 save on PS3?)
Looks like I need to trash my save and build everyone up again while not doing any of the musous. This'll be fun. -_-
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote from Terribleno:
Looks like I need to trash my save and build everyone up again while not doing any of the musous. This'll be fun. -_-

if you are attempting a NG, it is more like trash save, and get to recording.  Again, if you just play one free mode game and then start recording, that's NG+.  I'm sure that is what you meant, but just to clarify.

no building = NG
building= NG+
The only way to get rid of "clear" under the completed story modes is to delete the save file on the card, and start from scratch (to my knowledge). I know XL added a character reset, but that doesn't seem like it would apply to the musous, plus I'd have to build up everyone again anyway. Unfortunately, that's the only way to avoid the Tales stages if that's what the verifiers are really worried about.
Not a walrus
Not being familiar with the game, couldn't you just pull the card out and play without it?
I could, but then all of the stats would be reset to their defaults, with no weapons built up and no items collected. It would essentially be a fresh game.
Not a walrus
I thought that's what you were going for anyway but maybe I misunderstood something. Not knowing how this game works I'm not sure why you'd have to erase the save and start over if you're going for NG+ anyway.
There's a story mode (musou mode), a 'free mode' which allows you to play any one stage you've unlocked (XL unlocks them all by default), and a 'legend mode' which is a big story for each character. I played through the musou modes so they were marked "clear," but doing so unlocks more stages to play through (the Tales stages). Certain conditions must be met to either encounter or avoid those extra stages. If you didn't clear a particular story, you will not encounter any Tales stages during that run. That's the 2 extra stages that was brought up earlier. Since The Yellow Turban Fortress was 1:55"30 and Ru Nan was 1:31"15, that's almost 3 minutes I could shave off my end time.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
I get what he's saying, I think.

So, the game does not allow you to play through musou mode, with a built up character, WITHOUT playing the extra levels?  To run it without playing those extra levels, you would have to have a fresh character ...  but then you wouldn't be able to do a NG+ run.  Wow, that's just annoying.

What is your response to the criticism about the character you chose?
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:

The Character the runner chose was Ma Chao, who actually isn't a bad choice, considering how he was using him.  You see, while on horseback all the characters, hit left and right, making them very uneffective on horseback. However, there are two characters who hit on one side, they are Zhou Tai (my main man!) and Ma Chao (later in DW 5, you have Pang De but no reason why to bring him up right now)...

While Zhou Tai can fight great on the ground, doing great in 1v1 fights and his musou is stationary, Ma Chao's attack are a bit more crowd based, and his musou isn't meant to do much damage against one person.  Now I'm not saying that Ma Chao is a bad character, and when you compare him to the majority of characters, he is better, so I can't really say if Ma Chao was a bad choice.  I admit that Shu isn't really my favorite kingdom; I perfer Wu, then Wei, then Shu.  If you look at musou attacks, Ma Chao is just lacking, that's all...
Quote:

Up until yesterday, I was certain that I had picked the best overall character for that story. It was SJ that later pointed out to me of an extra bonus that was added for XL, which makes Zhuge Liang and Pang Tong far superior for Shu. Any indirect true musou attack will have the element you have equipped added to the attack, which makes vorpal that much better, because officers usually resist it.

I also forgot about Bo Wan Po (that makes 3 added stages), which was another 50 seconds. That makes sub-20 minutes game time very possible. ^_^