List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Spoiler alert, I don't even know the category for this run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I do not know what the other reviewer(s) thinks about this but my thoughts on it are these:

First, the quality of the video is very bad. It is a 3 minute run and therefore the quality should be optimal, since there is not really anything going on, I think this is a must. Second, it is hard to judge whether this game needs to have a game page (and thus, a run) on this site. For those people who do not know what this is about: Duty Calls is an FPS 'demo-type' game created by EA as a marketing gimmick for their then up-and-coming title 'Bulletstorm' (after the 'The End' screen, the game actually continues with a trailer for the game). It is extremely linear and short since it only tries to make fun of Call of Duty (with varying success). I have not discovered any room for glitches or tricks and I do not think there are any, since you cannot jump, there is very limited room for movement. This run does not exploit any such tricks and therefore, everyone who has played the game once can do it a second time at this speed. I do not mean to say that this is due to the lack of skill of the runner, but rather due to the limitations of the game itself. Therefore, I would suggest that if the other reviewer(s) see(s) things the same way (because I am quite new to the verification process), this run should not be accepted. If, however, it is argued that this game (not the run) deserves its place on the site, then the run can be accepted, because it is the fastest run of the game possible (without the discovery of obscure glitches that is). I just think that considering the amazing skill on this site, this game does not offer, in my opinion, the right environment for skillful gaming.

Quote:
i'd reject this run, because Duty Calls is not speedrunable at all and its also not well executed.
it's only like 1min of gameplay the rest are script sequences, everything is highly linear and you dont have do more then press forward and shoot sometimes. You dont even need a timing.
The run also is not really optimized. With constantly pressing jump you can speed up the player, so you can improve the time slightly, if you use it right timing. The total time can be improved that way. I think for such a short run the time must be optimal.

Decision: Reject

Reason: There's hardly any actual gameplay and what gameplay there is isn't completely optimized.

This run will be available for a month. PM me for a link.
Thread title:  
I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. Not surprised at all this was rejected.
RANK UP! SPEEDRUNNER SPEEDRUNNER MASTER SPEEDRUNNER SPEEDRUNNER PERSON