Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DukeNukem3D.html

Duke Nukem 3D (Any %) (Individual Level)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alex 'pogokeen' Dawson!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Duke Nukem 3D (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/dn3dils/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 18, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Video quality is great, except for LQ which sucks of course.
I appreciate the full framerate, since this is such a fast paced game.
So, the built-in timer of the game is broken?
Or is that a speedup caused by dosbox?

Anyway, the runs are faster and look legit to me.
Especially the end boss skip in e2l9 impresses me.
It's an accept.

PS: This image is relevant to Duke Nukem 3D speedrunning.

These are kind a of no-brainer. The current runs of these levels on the site are very well done, but new strats have since been found. These submissions seem to be on par as far as execution goes and just adds some new routes.

ACCEPT
To get it out of the way pogo, I think for the verifiers it's probably always slightly more convenient if there's multiple improvements in one verification. And perhaps more importantly I'm guessing it's the same for our SDA admins.

E2L2: Fernito's execution is a bit more streamlined (as is the tendency) but this is not bad by any means. For example you can tell when the runner is getting to the corner where the glide happens, the strafe-50 is in somewhat the wrong direction and the end bit getting from the switch to the self-destruct button is slower too.

E2L9: This one is equally good in execution I think so... definitely accept.

E3L1: No problems.

Accept then all! Keep them coming Cheesy
Decision posted.
Very cool, thanks so much! Smiley

Cool, haha, I thought it would be better -- I will definitely continue to bundle my submissions. Smiley

Ah yeah, the built-in timer of the game runs fast.  That's something I should add to the current Duke3D speedrunning thread, I don't think it's been detailed there...

Haha now to go run these levels again on Megaton! Tongue
Thanks again everybody, I really appreciate it! Smiley

P.S.
Hahaha that's an awesome textbook.  I imagine it's filled end to end with speedrunning relevant examples and practice problems!  It's too bad Wei-Li's CompuServe with her .DMOs is no longer available. Tongue