Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DuckTales.html

Giel Goertz's PAL difficult run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: i watched that duck tales a while back, forgot to tell you though
Verifier: of course it's an improvement, the biggest change is the new moon stage glitch
Verifier: it's a lot simpler and faster than the old glitch although much less wtf factor haha
Verifier: balls of steel fighting that rat
Verifier: the only mistakes in the run were minor, like magisa fight
Verifier: oh also apparently he will never do the last pogo jump as awesome as frezy =p
Verifier: it's better than last time though, which was just funny

Quote:
This run is pretty easy to check after seing (and checking) the previous one so I would make a pretty short commentary.
The runer explain what was the places of improvement on his run (he makes all the funny job... Duh!). For a 8 minutes long run, and with so many random parts on it (particularly two bosses), I think that 10 seconds is not THAT much.
I have something to ask to the runner : why did you choose to perform the stages in the order more than running the levels in their order of difficulty ? I think that moon and transilvania (for the boss) have to be run as soon as possible.
I find funny the damage shortcut at the first level (with the metalic-sound-when-they-attack-red-flower things).
Waiting for a no damage run!

I lost the third verifier's comments, but he said the new moon glitch is indeed legit and this run is tighter than the last one.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a duck blur
You might solve a mystery or rewrite history

Duck Tales, Oo-oo
Thread title:  
You spoony bard!
Quote from mikwuyma:

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg

Duck Tales, Oo-oo

I would like to extend an offer to the runner for audio commentary.  Otherwise-- prepare to be Uyama-ized.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
One of the best accept reasons since Dragon's Lair.  Cheesy
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from mikwuyma:
Decision: Accept

Reason: Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg

Duck Tales, Oo-oo

Get the theme song out of my head!
Balls jerky
dammit I came in here with every intention of posting duck tales oh oo oo but you've beaten me to it! Damn you Uyama! DAMN YOU
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
If DOS games were readily runnable I'd totally run this old Duck Tales game. It was hilarious and nothing at all like this one. Doesn't show up on gamefaqs FWIW.

Just thought of this because Duck Tales theme song is too awesome on PC speaker.
Exoray
Quote from Enhasa:
If DOS games were readily runnable I'd totally run this old Duck Tales game. It was hilarious and nothing at all like this one. Doesn't show up on gamefaqs FWIW.

Just thought of this because Duck Tales theme song is too awesome on PC speaker.

Was that the one where you had to fly your plane to each stage and if you crashed, it took you several extra ingame days to reach the stage?
I remember it having a labyrinth where a mummy was chasing you and if you took a wrong turn the next screen would just be a large pit.
Can't seem to remember the PC speaker version of the tune though, will have to look it up, I'm sure I still have the disks somewhere Smiley
Not a walrus
Quote from Enhasa:

So far the only way I can think of to run a DOS game is to rig up the s-video out somehow and record it that way, but I imagine the quality would be somewhat shite. Has ANYBODY recorded a DOS game yet?
Balls jerky
Using dosbox yes, but thats not kosher for the site because of emulator rules and what not
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Quote from moooh:
Was that the one where you had to fly your plane to each stage and if you crashed, it took you several extra ingame days to reach the stage?
I remember it having a labyrinth where a mummy was chasing you and if you took a wrong turn the next screen would just be a large pit.
Can't seem to remember the PC speaker version of the tune though, will have to look it up, I'm sure I still have the disks somewhere Smiley

Yeah, that's the one.
bläää
This run was such a good looking run. It might be 10 seconds to shave of but the only mistake that was really obvious was the missed pogo hit during the Magica fight and eventually not grab the rope at the top in the end was as awesome as it was in my run, as someone mentioned. Other then that I hope that the verifier can forget about the rest of the parts from my runs now Cheesy

Seriously I thought it was pretty much impossible to time the jumps this great. Specially the final boss fight was a real pleasure to watch  Shocked And the Rat strategy was so great. Where you invisible or something after that glitch?

I can´t tell either why you take the levels in this order. seems harder to me and it costs almost no time.

Anyways, awesome run Giel. I would love to see more runs from you in the future!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
That run was like some maple syrup....smooth and sweet.
Quack done Quick!  Smiley

I'm so sorry