--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2008-10-19 03:11:55 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Supreme Master run (Then again, this should be the only difficulty played since this is the full game)

Verifier responses:

Quote:
Yikes  Sad  a resounding no from me.

The "level" of difficulty doesnt effect the ememies or the difficulty. It just limits how far you can get in the game. Practice: first 3 levels. Warrior: 5 levels. Supreme the rest, you can't beat the game unless on Supreme Master.

There are a couple tricky spots with jumping, but this is not a difficult game. Two of the three deaths in this run are unacceptable and are avoidable with additional trails. The feeling of the run is "this isnt on the site yet so this should be good enough."  It isnt good enough. Too many misses on enemies, intended strats that were supposed to work but didn't. It is just too easily improvable with:
1 Practice
2 Attempts

I didnt pay much attention to the video/sound quality. It didnt warrent it.
It may seem harsh but, I personaly would be embarrased to submit this.

If you need more specifics I would be happy to give them.

Quote:
This run looks incredibly sloppy.  I understand that the game is hard and can be very cheap when fighting certain enemies (they have a longer reach), but there were many mistakes in this run.  It seemed like he had some good strategies for about half the game, then the other half his strategy was just try to get as close as possible and pull off a special attack which would often lead to him getting his ass kicked and juggled back and forth between enemies for 5 seconds or so.  He also had 3 deaths with the last one seeming OK because he was fighting a boss that could kill in 2 hits, but the first two deaths could have been easily avoided.

There was another verifier who told me that he rejected the run over IRC, he basically said the same things as the above two verifiers - the run was sloppy and the guy needs to work on his knees.

After I told the final verifier I rejected the run.

Quote:
I was in the meh area myself but was leaning towards nay so I agree with rejection.  I'm not sure on improvement notes aside from probably practicing the flying knee (I suck at it myself, I think the timing is a pain and I have the same problem with the spin kick) and possibly the incidental deaths.  I was going to sleep on it and watch it again after I got back from work tonight so this will save me the effort.

Decision: Rejected

Reason: Well it should be obvious from all of the responses that the run was very sloppy and could have used better planning. I know the flying knee is difficult to perform, but that's no excuse for such a sloppy run.

If anyone is curious, the time was about 17 and a half minutes.

Sorry, I was wrong about the video being available upon request. It turns out Nate deleted it from v.
Thread title:  
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
was this a 1 or 2 player run?
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from sinister1:
was this a 1 or 2 player run?

One.