List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Jeremy 'DK28' Doll's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Mission 1: It was perfect all the way to the boss fight in which there was a slight bit of trouble.
Mission 2: Early in this level there was some trouble fighting the enemies.
Mission 3: Near perfect.
Mission 4: There were a few mess ups in the underground part with him hitting the ceiling a few times.
Mission 5: The runner had some trouble fighting some of the enemies in the middle of the level.
Mission 6: Near perfect.
Mission 7: The runner had some trouble fighting some of the enemies in the middle of the level (like the guys with the dynamite or explosives, he seemed to have a bit of trouble with every guy that had dynamite).  He also had some trouble with the Arnold-like boss at the end.
Mission 8: There was a bit of trouble fighting the big guys in the white pants.
Mission 9: He died twice here but in the previous attempt he only died once.

General stuff: This run is a HUGE improvement over the previous one and it looks like the time just might be under 14 minutes or barely over 14 if not.  The audio/visual quality is OK and there were no signs of cheating.  There were 2 deaths which were legit and against the final boss, however in the previous run he only died once to the final boss so that probably could be improved (I don't remember if in the previous run he played it slower so he didn't die more than once, it could be that this final boss fight was faster even with the deaths).  None of the mistakes I mentioned were more than some missed knees or getting knocked down so each one only cost a couple seconds at the most, nothing much to worry about but they are areas that could be improved.

Quote:
My overall impression of the video is that is meets SDA standards and should be approved. The runner has impressive command of the special moves (especially the flying knee) and uses good strategies that are well executed throughout the first 8 levels. The only glaring weakness of the run is level 9, the final boss fight. Runner needs to implement better strategies for this fight that would allow him to avoid the 2 deaths he suffered. I can verify that a better boss strategy exists and can be executed on a regular basis despite randomness of this boss.

Here are the verifier requirements:
1) Watched the entire run twice
2) Audio and video quality are acceptable
3) Player is not cheating
4) N/A
5) I am impressed with the run and believe it meets SDA standards
6) Timing is 13:51 from when runner presses start to begin the game to the final hit on the last boss (no in game timer).

Additional comments:
The runner uses good strategies for the majority of the run and has minimal mistakes/poor execution. Here is a breakdown level by level:
Level 1: Excellent job up to the boss on whom a different strat can be easily executed consistently to save 10 -15 seconds
Level 2: Mostly good. Incoming helicopter area is done poorly (just aesthetics, doesn't affect time).
Level 3: Excellent
Level 4: Excellent, better strat for end of level exists (Abobo & moving ramps area)
Level 5: Mostly well done, a few reasonable mistakes at the top where enemies come out from the doors.
Level 6: Excellent
Level 7: Excellent
Level 8: Excellent
Level 9: If someone wanted to make a case for rejection, this would be it. The strategy used for the boss is poorly conceived and executed which results in 2 deaths (the only deaths in the entire video). A better strategy exists and could be implemented to not only save a good chunk of time, but avoid deaths (at least 1 if not both). Even having said all this the last boss is quite difficult and random so it is not completely unacceptable. I still think the run should be approved due to its overall quality of strategy, execution, and speed.

Quote:
I was the individual who was the most critical of your first run. I am usually far more constructive but when I verified your run it wasn't public.

I'm very happy to say, THIS is the run I expected the first time around.

Your stratagies are well thought out and well performed.
Obviously well practiced. I was most impressed by your knee mastery and loved to see you nail in critical moments (Mansion last gear nice!)
I could tell by the precision of your first level that you held to a high standard, which implies MANY attemps.

Can it be improved? Yes, but it's a great first benchmark.
I am very glad you stuck with this game and made a worthy submission. You cut more than 3 1/2min off your first run! Nice Job.

Accept

Did not notice any video or audio issues.

There was one other verifier, but he asked for privacy. He just said this run was faster than the last and he accepts.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is the run that should have been submitted the first time around.
Thread title:  
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Thank you all, this was quite the challenge.  But I was also upset with the two deaths.  Tongue  The funny part is I had a no death run ready to submit with a time of 14:05.  But the night before I was submitting to Nate, I thought I would try just one more time, and I ended up doing this run which I timed at 13:46-48 (can't remember exactly at the moment).    And sub 14:00 was the ultimate goal.  To the verify who was kind of harsh the 1st time, thank you.  You were part of the reason I kept going on this run.  Grin 
Edit history:
DK28: 2009-02-03 06:34:33 pm
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
What would a Double Dragon post be without a shot to the groin in the screen shot of the forest level?  LOL.