List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Ray 'Croc-Doc' Cullen's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
the run is very clean. I can't remember if the actual obstacles are random or not, however if they are: the runner got a lucky run.

There is no apparent mistake from the beginning to the end, the runner chose a safe route in the last stage that probably has a faster strategy to achieve it, humanly speaking (but I could not tell).

there is only one thing that makes me wonder, it's his right direction button mashing. He's just too consistent. You can tell there are about 4 frames from every right input he does to switch from rope to rope, And that from the beginning to the end.

From 0:41 to 0:43, which is 2 seconds, I calculated 21 right input, or 10,5 hits per second. This is feasible, of course, but I am unsure since he's just too damn consistent (he has the same speed from the first stage to the last stage. I can't approve and say the run is legit unless I see how the player actually plays the game.

PS: I love you Mike.

I then sent the verifier this message in response to his doubts about the input.

Quote:
I looked at 0:41-0:43 frame by frame in virtualdub, and the runner's movements varied by from 7-8 frames (though one was 4 frames!) per press. There was no pattern to the movement, and to my knowledge, there's no NES controller that gives you rapid-fire right-presses. Therefore, I don't see any reason to doubt the run.

This was the verifier's response.

Quote:
Then if the input doesn't show a too obvious consistancy, it's a plain pretty good run.

Quote:
Verifier: oh yeah before i forget again, verified dk jr
Verifier: here is my entire verification message
Verifier: LOL @ mario

Quote:
Hiya, my verification responds to the Dk Jr. run:

Well, I wanted to make a very big verification responds but I simply don't have the time atm, so I made a short version just for the sake of not holding back the accepting process.

no cheating, video and audio are ok.

Run itself is pretty nice. All levels are done nicely, I think the grapping of the rope from the moving one he jumped to to the other could be a bit faster, but these are miliseconds really.
Last level was a bit on the safe side, he didn't really exploid the 'jump key' trick or w/e it's called.
Also made a small mistake here. Would have been really nice to see the trick done properly though.
Could probably save a max of 3 to 5 seconds if done really well. But you also need a lot more luck then.

So all in all i'd say it's an accept. Nice little run.
Timed it at 1:27, started 0:11 ended 1:39, rounding down that get's you 1:27 total time.

The end.

Quote:
I don't really like this game, but the run was good and I didn't see any obvious errors. I have no regrets playing the game just to verify it, which is the highest honor I can bestow upon a DK Jr. run.

Decision: Accept

Reason: DK28's wet dream, DK getting his revenge against Mario.
Thread title:  
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Nice.  I have a bushel of bananas and am waiting in line to watch.

Great job Croc-Doc.  Represent for the primates.  Wink
Hi
What is the "jump key" trick for the last level?

My time through the last level is the fastest I've ever done it, even compared to a "perfect" setup where the enemies didn't get in my way.  Based on the enemy setup in this run, I see a 1-second mistake (when I accidently moved left by the apple).  Other than that, I have no idea how to get a 3-5 second improvement here.  Does this depend mostly on the "jump key" trick?  If it's anything like the TAS, then screw that.

Regarding my right presses, it's not that hard to be consistent for a 90 second run.  I only wish I could mash left as fast.

Anyway, thanks for accepting my run, verifiers!
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2009-10-27 04:07:22 pm
Complete. Global. Saturation.
After listening to this, I think North & South and Myst should have audio commentaries too.
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Woah, nobody ever told me this had audio commentary. I was a verifier, so I watched the verifier copy, which doesn't have commentary. When this happens for really long runs, it does kinda annoy me, but in this case I'm more than happy to redownload the final version to hear it.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
The run was a thing of beauty.  Very nice Croc-Doc.
Talk to the Hand
I read the text comments, and Croc-Doc strikes again!

Nice run too.
Hi
Thanks, everyone.  I apologize to anyone who expected some sort of wacky audio commentary similar to my "trademarked" written comments.  I have to be serious sometime.