List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Matt 'packattack' Flees's IL runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video Quality: The clarity isn't good but I'm assuming the submission clarity will be better. Silky-smooth framerate and good sound.

Play Quality: Packattack is a beast, been a fan and youtube subscriber of his for a while now. He picked up DKCR soon after it came out and is by far the best player of the game. He loves improving his times by fractions of seconds, a true perfectionist. These are some of the tightest IL runs you will ever see, and he's still somehow improving them on a weekly basis. He's able to work-around the motion-controlled jumping, making it look as accurate as a button press. I had tons of trouble simply getting a gold medal on the first level because of the controls (they just don't seem very speedrun friendly to me) but Packattack makes it look easy.

No cheating found.

Please do single-segment run sometime in the future Smiley

My decision: Definite accept. Human skill doesn't get much better than this.

Quote:
I have gotten shiny golds on every level, and this run completely destroyed all of my times in levels that aren't 99% autoscrollers. Every level is optimized to the utmost, with some nice shortcuts in several of them. Jagged Jewels and Switcheroo especially really blew me away. He pushes jumps to their limits, and the Diddy rocket is never used unnecessarily, as it slows you down. Bosses are manipulated skillfully. A/V quality is fine. No cheating seen. A couple nitpicks:

2-7 Tidal Terror: Gets hit by a crab for no reason I can see. I can only assume it's a mistake, but no time is lost because he had to wait for the wave anyway.

4-B The Mole Train: Gets hit twice and loses maybe a fraction of a second, but this level is a real pain in the ass and is still amazing to watch.

Overall a very skillful and entertaining run, not to mention it can help people with their own shiny gold attempts.

Decision: Accept

Quote:
Ignoring the shaking...

Video and audio are fine.

The runner absolutely dominates nearly every single level and does it in style, rolling, jumping and slamming his way through. Nothing stood a chance. I can't even recall what my favorite levels were, it's all a blur of speed. I have the same nitpicks as the above verifier, but that's what they are, nitpicks.

Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: ffs it's packattack.
Thread title:  
Thanks for the verification!  I'm glad that the runs were enjoyable to watch.  In the past several weeks, I have started to play the game again (unexpectedly) and have improved upon around 15 of the levels thus far.  I plan on re-submitting these sometime down the road, but I'll probably wait until I feel like I'm done playing the game to avoid more work on SDA's end.  I haven't worked on any SS run attempts yet, but I do know that CrypticJacknife has been planning one out over the pats few months.
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Congrats on this pack! Didn't have a doubt you'd get yourself a nice IL table and a brand new game page Cheesy
Congrats on having the runs accepted, Matt. Smiley Can't wait to see them go up on the site.
Can someone give me a list of times with each level? I know packattack posted most, if not all of his runs on youtube, so a list of times would save a lot of time on my end.
#Casual
Hmm, didn't respond to this, yet.  Anyway, very nice!  Can't wait to watch! After I complete the game myself finally!
That Guy
Well, he posted them on YouTube - but unfortunately, he has continued posting improvements well after he was done, so even going through his account won't necessarily help determine times.

Each video ends on a pretty clear display of the time, but yeah, I wasn't one of the verifiers so I don't have that.
How in blazes did I not see this topic in May?

But at any rate, congrats on the accept. DKC runs are always a real treat, so it's nice to see that this site will have vids for the whole quadrilogy to its name.
FYI, Packattack gave me a list of times, so I'm good.
wise fwom yo gwave
Somehow haven't looked up his IL's before they were posted on here, but packattack really delivers in these runs as expected. Been a huge fan of his monkeyball videos and am glad to see him put something up on the site here.