--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DonkeyKongCountry.html

Donkey Kong Country (Any %) (Single Segment) [Large-skip glitches]

Verifier Responses

Quote from AlecK47:
A/V seems just fine to me, though because of the issue mentioned on the run information page I'll leave the final decision to somebody with more expertise.  No cheating detected.

When the runner cites a mistake costing less than one second as the worst time loss in a run, it means one of three things: the run is highly optimized; the run and strats used are not at all hard; or the runner just doesn't know what they're talking about.  In the case of this run it is absolutely the first option.  The wrong warping is done about as fast as you could expect from a human being, both jumprolls are hit, and gameplay is overall very smooth.  As mentioned in the comments several seconds could be saved over this run with faster tech, but doing so would be anything but easy.

And speaking of easy things, this is an easy accept

Quote from Garrison:
verification notes:

AV is fine

W1 no significant errors. W3 warp was setup very well. Very small fumble on the platforming in Manic Minsers, cost maybe 40 frames. Misty Mine, runner gets the jumproll saving about two seconds and then loses about a second of it on suboptimal strats in the final section and a slightly mistimed roll. Loopy Lights loses about 2 seconds from the roll route chosen and a bit of slop, otherwise very good and cleanly executed. Platform Perils has the runner using very mixed strats, some risk, some safe. Loses maybe 90 frames tops here, gets the jumproll, clean otherwise. Both bosses are fine.

Overall, a very clean run with only one thing that looks like an actual mistake, the rest of the issues were from strat choice, ultimately not adding up to maybe 5 seconds or so. The run could definitely be better, but in my opinion its a fairly easy accept.

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. There is only one minor mistake with getting caught next to a ledge, but other than that, this run is pretty damn solid, and the glitches to get the wrong warp are done nicely. Accept, I say!

Quote:
Tech all checks out.  This game has reached unreal territory.  Definite ACCEPT.

Quote from Scott315:
A/V looks good. No cheating detected.

The warps to Worlds 3 and 6 were really clean, and the only significant mistake I spotted was in Manic Mincers, which only cost about half of a second. The runner hit both jumprolls, as well. Easily accepting this run!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'NewAgeRetroHippie'!
Thread title: