Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: DK could be faster with the 3rd level
Verifier: but thats it
Verifier: its just as good as the pal run
Verifier: and better music

Quote:
Here are my comments:

Other than the VHS weirdness at the start, audio and video is fine.

Couldn't discern any cheating, so that checks out.

Frame 914  15.232 Mario first moves
Frame 4864 1:21.148 Stops moving
So 1 minute, 5 seconds.

The run looked error-free and as optimized as a human could do. There's a trick with the rivets on the 3rd level that's in the TAS, but from what I've heard, it requires pixel perfect timing, which is quite a bit to ask for, even in a ~1 minute run.

It's a deceptively hard run that should be a good addition to the site, although the runner's comments will probably be a crushing disappointment to many.

Quote:
I have verified the Donkey Kong run. The audio/video is all good, no cheating. The run appears to be optimized; a second or two could perhaps be saved with TAS-like precision. An easy decision to accept.

Quote:
Donkey Kong (NES) verification

Hello guys
-No cheats
-Quality is fine enought
-No audio troubles

This run is 5-seconds slower than hero of the day TAS run. Current TAS is one more seconds faster than hero TAS, so this console run lost 6-seconds with current TAS run.

I compared that run with hero of the day TAS run which was 1.10 using TAS.org time rules.

Level 1 Console 4400 time remain
Level 1 TAS 4400 time remain

Level 2 Console 4300 time remain
Level 2 TAS 4400 time remain

Level 3 Console 3500 time remain
Level 3 TAS 3700 time remain

TAS time using sda time rules is 1.01
This console run is only 5-seconds slower than hero TAS which mean his clear time was 1.06.

As far as i can tell this run is near perfect everywhere. Expect level 3, runner didn,t use TAS block trick and it cost some seconds. Otherwise this run look lot like TAS.

I know level 3 block trick is insanely difficult and random to make on console. Even once it is very hard one to make. I agree runner didn,t want used it, because it is near impossible make constantly.

BTW run is very well done and it is close enought TAS time and as far as i can tell it is little bit better than current PAL run.

I´ll easily accept this run

Quote:
Hi, here for the verification.
On a small side note, if this run gets accepted you may remove my pal run (if it isn't done so automatically that is).

Anyway, my verification:

V/A is NES like,
No cheating can be see, except that he deforms gravity by climbing in the air.

As you might guess I just increased the current (PAL) run with a 5/6 speed so that times could be comparable.

The run itself now, it's a pretty nice run. Not much improvement over the previous run.
Also has to jump over the barrel in first level, costs some time. Pretty much exactly the same as the old run. Would've been nice if this also was improved.
Second level, Figured out how to (ab)use the ladder and manages to get on the upper moving platform in time to jump to the top, this is a nice improvement over the previous run.
Last level, again pretty much the same as the old run. Some small edges with timing can be better, but I'm guessing this will always be the case as it's not a TAS. Also doesn't do the 1-frame tricks, which is understandable.

Total improvement is about 2 seconds (NTSC time), which, if my math is still good, is about 3% faster then the old run.
Personally I wouldn't find it enough improvement to be worthy of posting, but I have been reading some of the discussion about 'faster = accept' comments that's been flying around and I guess (if I try to look at it objectively) he doesn't do any part any worse then the previous run, so that would make it an (obvious) accept. Smiley
That being said there also isn't too much improvement left in this game. About 3 to 4 (humanly) improved seconds left.

In other words: I approve of this run.
Clocked the total run for 1:05.

Quote:
the new dk run is beautiful! accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's short.
Thread title:  
Master-88
I was almost sure Kareshi did this run. Somereason he loved run crap games. Grin But i really surprised this not was kareshi run. Very nice run croc doc. BTW i was verifer and your run was really nice one. Wink
contraddicted
Quote from MASTER-88:
BTW i was verifer and your run was really nice one. Wink

Quote:
Otherwise this run look lot like TAS.

No one ever could have imagined that you were a verifier :p
Awesome that you managed to pull of the jump in the 2nd stage, I tried over and over and over, managed to do it once in maybe one hundred attempts.

Just one thing, I'm pretty sure the audio commentary is way out of sync with the the video, at least in the normal quality videos. I'll check the others and report back.

EDIT: OK, I watched it again and it was synced perfectly, must have been something to do with the changing of audio tracks while it was playing in SMPlayer, my bad.