List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Zack 'zallard1' Allard's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Zallard pulled off 3 good matches here, with just one minor quirk from me.  I probably would have had atleast the 1st fight tie or beat the world record time then rolled with the other two.  But with such small differences across the three fights versus the wr times, it's a no brainer to accept.  Less than 2 seconds seperate this ss run from the il wr's.

tl;dr : Accept!

Quote:
I really don’t have much to say about this two minute single segment speedrun, except that it looks flawless. This isn’t that case however, as the runner notes that each time is within half a second of his personal best in each fight. But whatever. The game doesn’t even show you the milliseconds until after the fight anyway. Getting all three fights down to constant differences of half a second in the mid to low forty second range in a single segment really leaves me nothing to argue or even suggest. The runner’s timing is accurate too. Accept for sure.

Quote:
Video: Good
Audio: Good
Chocolate: Very tasty
Kept it clean?: Yep

While I've seen some videos of slightly faster times (we're talking a couple of tenths faster) doing all 3 back to back with extreme precision is tough, so I'll give some credit for that.  If they were individual, I'd say no.  But tolerance has to be given for doing all 3 single session.

Accepting only as a SS video.  I hope the author comes back and does them individual (which is the way I think they should be done) and gets even tighter times.

Decision: Accept

Reason: He doesn't just ride bikes anymore. Wink
Thread title:  
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
It's great to see Doc Louis's Punch out going to be added soon, however it would feel wrong if Punch out Wii would be left out...

I hope this will inspire people to get around to working on it...  Other than that, congrats to the runner on a job well done...
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Glad to see this one got accepted!  Grin

Quote from Verifier #1:
I probably would have had atleast the 1st fight tie or beat the world record time then rolled with the other two.

Unfortunately, I did have a run that got me a new personal best on Warm Up, but did a blocked punch on Training too early which cost about 1-2 seconds, so I had to scrap that run  Undecided

Quote from Verifier #3:
While I've seen some videos of slightly faster times (we're talking a couple of tenths faster) doing all 3 back to back with extreme precision is tough, so I'll give some credit for that.  If they were individual, I'd say no.  But tolerance has to be given for doing all 3 single session.

Accepting only as a SS video.  I hope the author comes back and does them individual (which is the way I think they should be done) and gets even tighter times.

Chances are, the videos you're referring to are the ones I actually posted on youtube. I've been on the lookout for any kind of better execution or strategy on any of the Doc fights, and so far the only thing I've found was Kefkamaydie's improvement on the Sparring match (which was used in this run). By the way, if anyone can get a star off of Sparring mode when Doc says "Move baby, Move!" then this time could be reduced by a few more seconds. Someone mentioned they got a star off of him on GFaqs, but me and Kefka tried a bunch of timings and never got one  Undecided

Also, I do have my personal best records recorded for each of the Doc fights, but was kind of unsure if they would even be necessary to post since the jist of the strategies are pretty much covered in the SS run. Should I try to submit them anyways?

Quote from MAS8705:
It's great to see Doc Louis's Punch out going to be added soon, however it would feel wrong if Punch out Wii would be left out...

I hope this will inspire people to get around to working on it...  Other than that, congrats to the runner on a job well done...

Don't worry, Punch Out on Wii is being worked on. I'm trying to beat my best times on each fighter while recording, then I'll submit them as an IL table. Hopefully Kefka or Klar can chime in and post their videos on some of the fights I haven't gotten down to frame-perfection, then we could have a real nice IL table going!

Not too sure on who's going to do any segmented/SS runs through career mode though, since I have no plans to attempt that at the moment.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
If you have a personal best for each fight, and you have one for every level in the game that's a run too, and an interesting one for many, it doesn't really matter if you obtained them from running SS. If they are WRs then you should really submit here and publish everywhere you want too Tongue
Planning a Cave Story
Yeah I'm in the process of working on Punch Out as well, kinda....

I have a majority of the WR's on the title, and videos already done, but my quality test isn't up to snuff and I don't have the raw files anymore.