List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Any% Bad Ending run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I realize going into this verification that we don't have that many indy games on the site...  So with DLC quest we do have a rather unique run as the runner doesn't really do much dlc purchasing...

One thing that bothered me at the start was how the video was really choppy, however I can't help but laugh considering that this is the ONLY TIME that happens in the run, not to mention that it happens when the run hasn't officially started yet so I don't see this being a problem at all

No doubt that the runner knew what to do and I have to admit that part where you were suppose to get the double jump really caught me off guard...

It is a short run and I didn't see any mistakes or problem so... Accept...

Quote:
Wow. When I first saw the length of the video I did a double take. Really.

Anyhow, After watching that I went and tried to do the high jump at the double jump for a good thirty minutes. I couldn't get it. My hands hurt now.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with the run and I think that at most a few seconds could be cut off with getting caught on the trees, ledges and ceiling.

Decision: Accept.

Quote:
Game- DLC Quest
Run time- 4:35 (start at 1:04, end at 5:39)

Video quality- Great
Sound quality- Great (when there is sound, that is Tongue )

Evaluation of the run-

Honestly, you don't need to say much for runs that are this short. There are little timesavers here and there that could be explored, but what is presented here is a very solid coin collecting route. The biggest time loss is when trying to get that high jump to work to access the upper area. Sadly, it is a pixel perfect jump (I've succeeded only once, myself) so congrats on getting it fairly quickly. Not really much to say beyond that.

Final Decision- ACCEPT. Pure and simple.

Now, I should go work on that Good Ending route some more...

Quote:
Well then, I guess there's no need to purchase the double jump from now on.

This run is pretty solid as a whole. It isn't 100% perfect; There are a few collisions here and there, and that one high jump was brutal. But otherwise it's an impressive run that's going to be tough to beat.

Decision: Accept. Here's to more Xbox Indy games in SDA's future.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to David Heidman Jr.!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-04-25 01:40:17 pm
Heidrage: 2012-04-25 01:39:32 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Ya... Double jump was said to be top 2 tier in video game skills... But I think this run proves that wrong...

And now for the comments. First I wanna say thanks for verifying this run. I was surprised I got enough so fast.

Quote:
I realize going into this verification that we don't have that many indy games on the site...  So with DLC quest we do have a rather unique run as the runner doesn't really do much dlc purchasing...

One thing that bothered me at the start was how the video was really choppy, however I can't help but laugh considering that this is the ONLY TIME that happens in the run, not to mention that it happens when the run hasn't officially started yet so I don't see this being a problem at all

No doubt that the runner knew what to do and I have to admit that part where you were suppose to get the double jump really caught me off guard...

It is a short run and I didn't see any mistakes or problem so... Accept...

LOL. Sorry about the video... I dont think I had that issue when watching it... Good to know the run itself is in good shape.
Quote:
Wow. When I first saw the length of the video I did a double take. Really.

Anyhow, After watching that I went and tried to do the high jump at the double jump for a good thirty minutes. I couldn't get it. My hands hurt now.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with the run and I think that at most a few seconds could be cut off with getting caught on the trees, ledges and ceiling.

Decision: Accept.

Really? The video is but 7:21 long. I think I am playing for just over half of it... And ya, the high jump is really hard. I just seem to have the natural timing i guess from my mashing days.
Quote:
Game- DLC Quest
Run time- 4:35 (start at 1:04, end at 5:39)

Video quality- Great
Sound quality- Great (when there is sound, that is Tongue )

Evaluation of the run-

Honestly, you don't need to say much for runs that are this short. There are little timesavers here and there that could be explored, but what is presented here is a very solid coin collecting route. The biggest time loss is when trying to get that high jump to work to access the upper area. Sadly, it is a pixel perfect jump (I've succeeded only once, myself) so congrats on getting it fairly quickly. Not really much to say beyond that.

Final Decision- ACCEPT. Pure and simple.

Now, I should go work on that Good Ending route some more...

Yup, thanks for the help too in planning. I did get a good ending rout planned out as to what coins to pass on and ones to get. Just have not had the urge to do the run yet...
Quote:
Well then, I guess there's no need to purchase the double jump from now on.

This run is pretty solid as a whole. It isn't 100% perfect; There are a few collisions here and there, and that one high jump was brutal. But otherwise it's an impressive run that's going to be tough to beat.

Decision: Accept. Here's to more Xbox Indy games in SDA's future.

Ya, I think this is a good starting point.

Oh and a fun fact. I can beat this game before the demo timer is up Cheesy
Edit history:
romscout: 2012-04-25 02:42:42 pm
that Metroidvania guy
Huh, I had a good ending route that skipped double jump as well. I wish I had known this was in verification. Totally would've taken a look. Skipping double jump isn't hard, just gotta mash a little. Surprised you didn't go for the good ending considering you don't need any additional powerups for it (other than buying the means to get the ending basically).

I'll go watch it. Maybe I'll try the good ending run I planned once and attempted for 30 minutes the day I got the game. (probably not, only reason I didn't before was cuz I figured no one on SDA would give a crap to watch it lol) Heidman should do it instead.
Willing to teach you the impossible
I believe I posted my Good Ending rout in the thread. Take a look and see if you can find any improvements in the route, might spark my interest in the game again and crank the run out.
Everybody DANCE!
Awesome job, Heidrage!
Edit history:
slowbro: 2012-06-19 06:21:49 pm
I'm really glad to see DLC Quest get a run!  And congrats on an excellent job.