Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS Any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
a/v fine, no cheating, etc.

I'll be honest, I was watching through the run trying to take notes on specific tricks and was going to prepare this big whole post about how I love the game and the runner does it great justice and the like. But when I finished, all I wound up with was "The runner does an excellent job of dodging rocks." Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly well-prepared, the runner knows exactly where he's going and what he's doing and he always recovers from his (minor) mistakes with great haste, but I'm not convinced that this game makes for good speedrun material. I will admit, however, that it's not my decision to make whether it is or isn't, and as such I'll have to judge the run on its own merits.

The runner does an excellent job of dodging rocks. He keeps his speed up well during the cliff jumps, makes perfect bee-line paths to his destinations, and cuts corners perfectly like a formula 1 driver. My only concern is that he mentions a glitch that skips a couple of seconds which he missed in the run. Missing the glitch doesn't necessarily detract from the run, because it is so well-planned, but it's a shame that he's left room for improvement in such a short game. That said, given how few people have played it, much less run it, I don't think he's at risk for being beaten out anytime soon.

All of this said, I've gotta give it an accept, because the run is very well planned and very well executed and I'm sure some people will enjoy seeing a run of this game.

edit: As a final note, I would like to request that if we post this run, we make sure to include a very large, obvious warning that this game includes spoilers to the story. I know this seems obvious, but games like this are meant to be experienced, not watched, and watching a run of the game before playing it will completely ruin any enjoyment you might get out of it.

Quote:
A/V is excellent.

I wasn't sure anyone would speedrun this game. It's not really that kind of game. Hence I was also curious to see this run.

The runner certainly doesn't waste time anywhere. There really isn't much more to say than that. With the mentioned missed bug being so inconsequential I can't point out anything that makes for saving more than a few seconds on the whole run, most of which is luck-based like getting caught on the scenery.

My timing:
Player assumes control: 0:11
Player loses control: 24:35
Run time estimate: 24:24

As far as the quality of the run goes, I say Accept
As for if the game belongs on SDA, I'm not sure, but I'll leave it up to others.

Quote:
Here we go, Dear Esther.

It's more of an interactive story/experience than a videogame, so how would one go about speedrunning something like this?

Answer: Pretty much like this.
There honestly is not all that much to say about this run. To me it certainly felt and looked like a speedrun.
Movement was fluent, uninterrupted and well planned. Corners are cut where possible and overall I got a speedy feel from the run.
There's not much in terms of glitches, and missing that tiny "cutscene skip" certainly isn't a deal breaker.

A/V is fine by the way.

Accept.

We might have our first Speedwalk here.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Simon 'default' Albacke Eriksson!
Thread title: