Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-06-01 05:20:20 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Impossible difficulty run

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Between segments five and six, the runner's max health increases for no reason whatsoever.  It then returns to normal later in the segment after the runner saves and reloads the game.  That part of the run was played on a different save file.  Unless the runner can provide a satisfactory explanation for this, the run should be rejected on grounds of cheating.

I stopped watching the run at this point.  The first five segments were well-played, with the runner avoiding most of the enemies and killing them quickly when necessary.  There really isn't much else to mention, besides the bad framerate, except that a NG+ run of Dead Space is very boring to watch.

Quote:
Verifier: I've noticed a consistency problem between part 5 and 6 of the Dead Space run
Verifier: when finishing part 5 the runner doesn't have any life upgrades, at the beginning of part 6 there are several life upgrades
Verifier: there is no way to upgrade between level transitions
Verifier: ok... at the beginning of part 7 the upgrades are gone again, either way the run is broken
Verifier: you better ask the runner to see if he/she only provided the wrong video
me: yeah I've been told about that
me: how is the run so far?
Verifier: the overall planning is good, except for the air upgrade which becomes an issue in part 4 where he loses about 2 seconds to use an air tank, that might be a problem later in the run as well but I haven't watched that far
Verifier: btw, is this really the PC version? from the controls it looks more like the 360 version
Verifier: anyway, if it's the 360 version I can be a little lax on execution since it's really hard to aim in this game
Verifier: but there are a few things that shouldn't be in the run either way
Verifier: there are a few ocassions where the runner miss stasis shots and telekinesis
me: his comments said pc version
Verifier: did he use a 360 pad or something?
Verifier: because it really doesn't look like mouse control in this run
me: from his comments I have a crappy celeron processor. (yes I said it) I hope everyone enjoys this run.
me: so I guess he is using a gamepad?
Verifier: that must be the case then
Verifier: and for the PC version that's not a very good decision because it does actually have a negative impact on control and precision
Verifier: I'm sure a lot of the unintended missed shots, telekinesis and stasis could've been avoided just by using mouse and keyboard instead of a pad
Verifier: if that's the case, otherwise it's a show of bad mouse control
Verifier: so bad control decision vs. actual bad control... it doesn't really look good so far
Verifier: it's a pity because he has really good ideas and the strategies/route is good, but the run lacks in execution
Verifier: I read he mentioned something about getting a new computer at the end of his comments, my advice to him is to wait until he gets a more powerful system and do the run again with better execution, because some of the bad execution could most likely be the result of playing at a low frame rate
Verifier: Dead Space is such an unforgiving game
Verifier: also, about the frame rate in that dead space run
Verifier: I know you warned us in the PM, but in some places the video is just getting too choppy
me: yeah I'm not saying it's acceptable
me: I was just warning you guys about it
Verifier: one second you see the runner getting swarmed by a bunch of enemies, video freezes and you hear action sound in the background, when the image starts to move again everything is dead Tongue
Verifier: and that's just a little too extreme
me: yeah that would be too extreme
Verifier: I finally watched all of the Dead Space run, and along with what I've already pointed out I have to say reject
Verifier: the run has its' ups and downs, and unfortunately the downs outweight the ups
Verifier: I forgot to mention that he also gets hit by enemies a lot, and that's not a good thing in Dead Space since each hit will make your character immobile for about 2 seconds
me: ah okay
me: well if the part 6 thing doesn't work out
me: then the run wil be rejected regardless

I fired off a message to the runner about segment 6, the framerate, and the controller issue.

Quote:
Hey whats up Mike. I have answers for all the questions that you have. For question 1: The part 6 I had to use another dead space saved game that I had in my game because I assumed that my original file was recording and found out that it wasn't recorded. That is why I had more health bars. Question 2: Oh, sorry for the terrible quality. What quality is preferred? And yes, I was using FRAPS. Question 3: Yes, I was using an xbox 360 controller wired. If you have any other question let me know. And if you want me to or if I have to I can do the whole run over if needed.

This was my response:

Quote:
Yeah, you're going to have to rerun the game. I can't accept an inconsistency that big.

2. Well in theory FRAPS is fine, but you should record at 30 FPS (or 60 if you computer can handle it). You can either send nate the FRAPS avis or encode them yourself using anri-chan. Don't use whatever program you used to create that .wmv.

3. It's better if you use a mouse and keyboard for quicker aiming, since you are playing the PC version.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Segment 6 has a large inconsistency and the framerate is too low.

The run is available until July 1st, PM me.
Thread title: