--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ktwo: 2021-02-14 10:03:42 am
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Dead Space 2 (Any %) (Single Segment) (pc) (pc)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V quality is excellent, though I found the aspect ratio to be a pretty odd choice (verification video is 1280x480) though nothing seems to be missing off the sides so it's probably fine. If anything you can see even more than usual.

Play quality is excellent, almost suspiciously so in a couple of cases, with a few VERY close shaves with the hacking minigame. Didn't notice any ammo discrepancies or anything along those lines.

That said, after having to reject so many Dead Space runs (both this and the first one), it's nice that we're actually getting some proper runs lately.

Accept.

Quote:
Capture: Beautiful
Cheating: No cheating
Time: Real time = 2:09:52 and In game time = 2:14:40
Decision: Accept with a standing ovation

Reasons:
-Near flawless execution.
-Smart time saving and ammo saving strategies.
-I only counted 8 total seconds lost due to tiny errors. They're so insignificant in an otherwise masterful run. Scratch that. The runner clarified that they weren't mistakes. The game forces the player to wait and other moves were intentional to trigger events.
-Fearless movement (he uses telekinesis to safely avoid "wall bomb enemies" without stopping. This is a very high risk and rather clever move).
-Even luck is on his side. There were at least two moments were he JUST made it by a quarter of a second. Nearly all the energy boxes fit into their slots without a fuss.
-He destroys the final boss in 10 seconds.
-All this is a single segment run using only a standard plasma cutter for 95+% of the run. The contact beam was used mainly on the final boss.

ACCEPT

Quote from LivingLooneyBin:
AV Quality: Good
Gameplay: excellent, very little mistakes that overall lost only like 1-2 seconds, there are 2 easy tricks that were not used that could have saved like 5 seconds, but the ammo you miss out on to gain those few seconds probably isn't worth it.

This is a great run, definitely Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Jehuty'!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Jehuty: 2013-12-21 01:06:05 am
thanks everyone for the trouble you took,
know this type of game is very tedious to verify
I am happy that finally DS series are now being accepted on SDA

I noticed that is neccesary show the time from the save on the previos verification of this game from other runner, in that case manual time was used.
that run is about 2:30:39 on the save and 2:25:51 on RTA.

in this case: What is the official time? 2:09:52 RTA or 2:14:40 IGT?
just need to know because I'll make my own tittle card like the dead space 3 run.

also, I'm thinking on put author's comments.