Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-02-15 04:50:25 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Yuri 'xsite' Z's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I've watched it. Here's my review:

"Really good beginning. Because the runner is going so quickly the actor's lines often blend together, and also repeat from the start when the save-games are loaded. But that cannot be practically helped. There's a delirious wall climb at 5:24, and it looks fine. And an entertaining wall ride at 7:32 with the hovercraft. He goes outside the game's walls using that clipping technique he mentioned in his notes at around the 14:40 mark. And bounds across the ceiling above half the drawn map, which is impressive. I noticed no discrepancies. The video and audio are of good quality. Good performance. A++"

Quote:
The video and audio quality are just fine. I did not notice any inconsistency in the checkpoints or any other signs of cheating.

I have only good things to say about this run. I did not notice anything sloppy or any obvious screw-ups. It's clear that the runner put much effort into this run and does not enjoy waiting for the game to tell him to continue. Not only is this run fast, but it is quite entertaining. I particularly enjoyed the wall climb and spawn killing. Since it goes by so quickly, it seems very easy to overlook the small optimizations in this run. To name just a few, at 3:27 he executes a large jump and lands right at the vehicle. At 5:50, his timing allows him to narrowly escape death from the boundary gods. From having seen the original Crysis speedrun, I would agree with the runner in that he has succeeded in improving with Warhead.

I can see no reason not to accept this run.

Decision: Accept

Reason: If this run is better than the original Crysis run then, wow.
Thread title:  
Thanks guys. To everyone that's watched my Crysis run and was disappointed to see the game being broken so badly as opposed to completed normally while on the ground, then you should definitely watch this run since it should be to your liking.
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
First, congratulations Xsite!
Second, this run had only two verifiers? Or someone held back the verdict? I remember this had enough verifiers, so if it was two, then maybe it would be better to write the number of verifiers next to the run to "improve" the process. (I know it was discussed before.)
Waiting hurts my soul...
It probably only had 2 respond.
"better than the original Crysis run"

Wow.
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
Quote from ZenicReverie:
It probably only had 2 respond.

Sorry for no response, forgot about this. I guessed it had only two volunteers, but it was marked with  enough verifiers kinda fast, and I thought it's okay, I don't have to volunteer, since it has the required number. Well, next time I won't think.
Please upload this one!
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Patience, there are other runs that need to be put up too.
Edit history:
Artas1984: 2011-10-27 11:09:50 am
Congratz! I have been waiting for this for a long time! I did not think that you would "retake" this run from Thanatos, but then again - you found new shortcuts, so you deserve the honor!

Mike, please edit your first post "Game Page: Doesn't exist yet"
Not a walrus
lol
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Quote from Artas1984:
Congratz! I have been waiting for this for a long time! I did not think that you would "retake" this run from Thanatos, but then again - you found new shortcuts, so you deserve the honor!

Mike, please edit your first post "Game Page: Doesn't exist yet"

Can't tell if serious.....