List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
In terms of gameplay, there aren't any grounds for rejection there. There are two falls late in the run (they aren't 'deaths' specifically), but other than that most of the platforming is easily acceptable. The driving is also good, with any 'mistakes' being on the part of the AI. The synch seems to be okay and there doesn't seem to be any cheating.

Assuming that the differences in loading times between console versions are negligible (this is the PS2 version, and it loads fairly quickly), they should be able to go in the same category. The run's length is approximately 1:16:23; this was calculated by timing from the second the player gains control of Crash to the second he activates the save (or, in the last segment, pulls the switch), and adding the times from the segments together. It's not frame-perfect, but it should be within a few seconds of the actual result.

Overall, accept.

Quote:
For a game that advertises itself as a 'racing' game, there sure is a hell of a lot of walking!

As for the run, my opinion is basically a mirror of the previous verifier. The two falls are quite unlucky, I must say, but I don't think it's 'rejection worthy'. The time of 1:16 also seems about right too.

Quote:
Over all, its a solid run with very few mistakes. No problems with the audio/video and no signs of cheating. Accept and I timed 1:16:13

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Michael 'MAS8705' Solseth!
Thread title:  
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Woo Hoo!!!

I am a rookie no more! (or should I wait until I get a 3rd accepted run before changing my status?)

Anyway, I want to thank the verifiers for watching my video, I'm glad everything worked out in spite of a few tiny mistakes in and around the run itself (honestly thought someone was going to bring up the whole "sidetracked getting coins" but I digress)  Now, I am concerned about one thing though...  I don't recall actually falling to my death twice... Granted there was one where I just fall over dead for some very strange reason, but the other I need to check again...

Also for the route, I was flipping coins as for how the end game would work, but seeing the responses, I feel a bit better in knowing I hopefully made the right choices...

@verifier2
I know right?  Ironically enough, I was ready to do a whole lot of driving, but then when I realized how the majority of the crystals are faster to get on foot, well go with the faster route... >_<

@verifier1
While I can't speak fully on the topic of console versions, I think it still works the same regardless of which system is used...  of course I could be wrong, but for the most part, using the PS3 to play a PS2 game doesn't really provide any advantage...  As for final time, it is about what I put on the video of about 1:16, even after the slight delay, it still would have fallen within that minute's timeframe...

@verifier 3
Thanks for being the 3rd guy

Outside of that... yea...  Slowly working my way up and thanks to everyone for moving me forward... I'll see for submitting a commentary soon too... Smiley
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Good job MAS! I never did beat this game, but I checked out your run on youtube and it looked pretty solid (even with the 2 falls). Glad to see this one made it!
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from MAS8705:
Woo Hoo!!!

I am a rookie no more! (or should I wait until I get a 3rd accepted run before changing my status?)

Hmmm...I'd say...SDA Apprentice. Not yet a Master, but more than a Rookie. That would be my guess. Tongue
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote from Zyre:
Quote from MAS8705:
Woo Hoo!!!

Hmmm...I'd say...SDA Apprentice. Not yet a Master, but more than a Rookie. That would be my guess. Tongue

I know I am far from being a veteran, let alone master, but apprentice does sound like the next step up from Rookie...  Thanks for the suggestion Zyre...