1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CrashBandicoot2.html

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
3:31-13:37 is the time where the runner is able to skip the cutscene to the last hit on Cortex. Gameplay is good enough, however the audio/video sync is terrible. It starts with a 1 second delay and ends with a 5 second delay.

I'm afraid I'll have to say REJECT unless the audio can be fixed.

Quote:
Good enuff if ya ask me. Snow Go was exectuted well, whereas the bossses were as good as excellent. Desynch sucks, but I can cope with it.
Acceptero.

Quote:
Final Time 18:35 - 5:18 = 13:17 : From first frame of skipping the cutscene in the warp room to getting the last hit on cortex.

Run Quality The run was overall very clean. It did have a few mishaps in some places, such as not having the most fluent movement, but it is still very good. The bosses were the best part of the run. The entertainment factor is endless. The Tiny fight got pretty decent rng, and the N.Gin fight was probably the best part of the run, the fight was absolutely phenomenal. I could probably see a good 20 second improvement with rng and movement, but that isn't really realistic at this time.

Decision Although the video quality isn't the best with the desynced audio and the failed attempts. I am going to have to say accept, because of how good the run is, and how fun it was to watch it.

Quote:
Video quality: Pass
Audio quality: Fail, progressive audio de-sync
Cheating found: None

The runner explained all the tiny hiccups in his comments, they are not serious enough to warrant a rejection.
There's a trick with the steel box where you can use the cliff on the right side of the box to reduce the bounce like the TAS does it, but I never managed to do this on console consistently enough for me to hold this against the runner.
A very well executed run.

Decision: If the audio problem can be fixed, then I accept this run, if not, then I must regrettably reject it.

Quote:
Christ, what a strange run. In my day, we used to beat games, not break them beyond all comprehension. Tongue Anyway, the run is skillfully executed. The video quality is fine, and there's no cheating. However, there is a MASSIVE audio delay (as I'm now noticing others have mentioned). With the audio like this, it's obviously not up to SDA standards. It's a shame, because the run is really well done otherwise. The N. Gin fight was especially impressive.

Accept if the audio is fixed. Reject otherwise.

Timing:
Successful attempt starts: 5:04
Control gained: 5:19
Final hit: 18:37
Final time: 13:18

Quote:
Start Time was at 5:05 (As soon as 'New Game' was selected. I used this as my start time for the run time because I notice a lot of other runs include the game's introduction sequence as well in their final times.)
End Time was at 18:36 (Slowed the video down enough to see when the strike actually made contact.)
So my Final Time would actually be 13:31, I'm not sure how accurate it is though, seeing that others used a different start time.

Quote:
The run is very well played and well executed. Video quality is certainly passable but just can't get over the audio desync. Goes from about 1 second delay in the beginning of the run to 5 seconds during the final boss. If it were fixed I'd give it my approval, but in it's current state it's just hard to enjoy watching this run (or atleast listening to it).
My decision is unfortunately REJECT for poor audio sync.

Also, on a side note, this would count as a separate category due to the glitch being performed here, right? Cause I'd hate for this run to completely replace any runs done without using this method.

...Then the audio was fixed.

Quote:
0:11 - 13:38, making the run approx. 13:27 from skipping the first cutscene to final hit on Cortex. Gameplay is fantastic, and most important the audio is properly synchronized.

ACCEPT

Quote:
After reviewing the fixed encode, here is my edited response:

Quote:
Video quality: Pass
Audio quality: Pass
Cheating found: None

The runner explained all the tiny hiccups in his comments, they are not serious enough to warrant a rejection.
There's a trick with the steel box where you can use the cliff on the right side of the box to reduce the bounce like the TAS does it, but I never managed to do this on console consistently enough for me to hold this against the runner.
A very well executed run.

Decision: I accept this run

Quote:
The new version is a definite pass for me, so here's my new review on the run:

Quote:
Video/Audio Quality are both acceptable and no cheating to be seen in the run. Breaking of the game bountiful, so run may not be enjoyable by those who are expecting the entire game in this run. The glitch was well executed by my standards and the boss fights are a thing of beauty, the N. Gin fight is a highlight amongst them. I feel this run is up to SDA's standards and thus I ACCEPT it.

Quote:
Quote:
Video and audio quality are fine. No cheating of the sort. The crazy glitch is performed well, and the boss fights are pretty much optimized. Accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The only real point of contention here was the audio issues and they have been resolved.

Congratulations to Nikolaj 'ThaRixer' Sørensen
Thread title:  
If this run is using the glitch I think it is, it should be marked as "any%, large skips" rather than just "any%" (in order to allow a separate "no large skips" category). It does skip almost all the levels in the game, after all.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
*Gets shivers*

Audio issues...  Man, if I had ten bucks for every time I've ran into that problem during a verification, I probably could buy myself a Wii U.  Good to know that we can be able to fix (and/or bypass) this problem so that we can ensure that we have great quality gmes on the site.  Congrats to the runner.
Dog
I honestly thought this was rejected immediatly as a submitted it because of audio delay. Thank you all for verifying it, and to whoever fixed the audio. Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure 12:4x is possible on the NTSC version with fast disc speed/emulator. But since PAL is fastest for the full any% and 100% Then it's okay. Thank you again!