List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There's not much that can be done to improve this run. The route's pretty straightforward (even though the game is far from it), and it's not too far off the TAS time as it is. It even did a couple of tricks that the TAS didn't do. This game is complete garbage and probably doesn't need to be on SDA, but the run is acceptable so I guess that's all that matters.

Accept

Quote:
time is ~ 8:47

First off I cannot believe I'm about to write up a super serious mode review of a game this bad...

Basically what Verifier 1 said, it made good usage of the invulnerability power up you get from hitting a monster twice to skip a few things

Nice job in the malt shop to skip some enemies I wasn't aware you could as well as some creative use of the environment.

The only real mistake came from climbing the mansion which complete bullshit and totally random anyways, only lost a few seconds here but this is made up for with some other things he did which I didnt even see in the TAS.

Did a good job of getting 7 nickels quickly and catching the soda first try as well as getting the bartender to stop quickly (this is harder than it seems)

Skipped a good number of enemies even some I didn't realize you could, also damage boosted nicely to save time as well as a couple deaths to skip walking time.

Got the pen then the spike and waited out the timer... yeah you have to just wait ugh

Did a good job on the final fights besides a minor hiccup. It's a great run of a very very very bad game.

Accept

ps Mecha you're insane to spend this much time on a game this bad, and you made me spend more time looking into this even after the Mechathon cuz I was curious dammit (h8u, no seriously good job)

Quote:
I watched Mecha play this for the first time as the final game in his donations stream...it was garbage then, and it's still garbage now. Mecha is right in saying this game handles like a shopping cart.

Either way, he wasn't very far of the TAS time, and did some time savers that it didn't do. I'll echo the first 2 verifiers about the good usage of the invincibility powerup. Other than that, it was a great run of a horrible game that never should have existed.

The only improvement that I could find (not that I EVER expect anyone to try and improve this) is that it apparently only takes 5 pieces of candy to enter the malt shop. I just played around with this, and it would always let me in as long as I had 5 on hand.

Regardless...this is an easy accept, if for no other reason than I wouldn't want Mecha to consider running this game again to improve it. I doubt it would be good for his sanity. Wink

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Todd 'Mecha Richter' Foreman!
Thread title:  
Haters gonna hate
Thanks guys! And sorry about exposing you to such a horrible game. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to run this...

Also, I had no idea you could enter the malt shop with 5 pieces of candy! Honestly though, that would only save a few seconds and I did some things that I haven't been able to replicate (like getting 7 coins in one grab at the beginning of the game. This run is the only time I was able to do that).
Is PJ
I'm so sorry, SDA.  You didn't deserve this.