1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Contra3.html

Jeremy 'DK28' Doll's no items run with death abuse and deathless run on some difficulty that doesn't exist

Verifier Responses

Quote:
3items run - accept. Borderline TAS.

deaths run - reject. I couldn't understand why runner chose NOT to die for bombs during several boss/mini boss battles (skull boss, highway walker, rocketman, airship, sandworm/shell). Airship boss was poorly done - too careful.

At 14:35, he panicked and jumped, which lost time. I have to reject this one because it wasn't entertaining, unfortunately.

Quote:
Im not was dissappoint. These runs was awesome. I loved boths:

My verification Contra 3 runs
Easy with weapons

This run like TAS. Nothing else can,t say. I not pick up any errors here. Though i like more hard mode runs because these ones are more harder. But in easy category its can,t be faster. This run was nearly perfect. Level 4 boss strategy was awesome and extremely risky. This run like perfect like andrew-g SMB run. Yeah its look like TAS and im not lie even i am master-88.
TIME WAS 12.47

ACCEPT:)

Easy (low-%) with deaths
Power bomb Lag assist speedrun. Awesome lag assist here. Level 4 boss was avarage one otherwise run is extremely well done. I loved your lag assists and especially your silver eagle fight was extremely lucky and one my favorite one.

Run was much better than previous one. I time you redo it about 36 seconds. 15.23.

ACCEPT. Smiley

Hopefully someone make hard low-% in future i loved see it. Deaths or not.

Quote:
"My ultimate goal was to try and make what a run from Mike might look like on easy."

Easy? What is this easy? I've never heard of it. This easy difficulty sounds like a preposterous made-up invention. There's only one difficulty, and that's HARD!

Why is everything dying so fast? Why are there so few bullets, and why are they so slow? I don't understand this nonsense. Nevertheless, this is a good run with few mistakes. I guess I shall make space for this "easy" difficulty

Quote:
Any%:

I can't say so much because being on easy since everything dies quick, but the run has what it needs to be accepted, i'm also not sure if using bombs ended up being faster or slower, but it's an accept for me. Good Job

Low%:

Pretty much near perfect, i have complains on the third and fourth stage, in the third; it would be better to suicide in the auto-scrolling section instead of the boss, you would just need to die 3 more times on that section, and about the fourth; you should've suicided on the auto-scrolling part probably once or twice to use bombs on the boss. Anyway, the run looks good so it's an accept for me.

Decision: Accept

Reason: What's an easy?
Thread title:  
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Easy Mode:
Term utilized, and popularized, by a high schooler as a remark at something that is considered easy.

Or in the case of video games, a mode that is less difficult than normal, and especially less difficult than hard. Tongue
Congrats DK on the run, and yes Mike I know you're joking. I think
Mike is dead serious. He's never encountered an 'easy mode' in his life.
Fucking Weeaboo
Talk to the Hand
I'm going to guess that Mike was verifier number 3.

Also, I love seeing "I'm not was disappoint" in what I'm guessing is a completely legitimate and unironic manner in verifier #2's response*. Smiley
The Running Failure
Easy mode is only for babies. Real men do hard. And if they have it, Expert. And even farther along the line, Realistic.

But all in all, it looks like these "easy" runs will be a nice little addition.
Master-88
Congrats DK28 both was awesome run. I was verifer number two.

1st verifer seems really stupid. He reject your death run even it was big improvement over previous one. Tongue IMO your death run was really good one too. And yeah both run was masterwork. Even you played on easy that is really good job.

Quote:
Insert Quote
Easy mode is only for babies. Real men do hard. And if they have it, Expert. And even farther along the line, Realistic.

Seriously thats not look baby job. Dk28 skills are really hardcore and these speed stuffs was awesome.

I agree thats might be more interesting see hard mode runs though. But i think Mike 14:59 not seems very possible to beat. Or at least its really hard/nearly impossible to beat. Low-% hard might be crazy job too. I think its might be really hard to beat only. I´ll hope see it somedays.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
The Serious Time?

Hell Yeah!

Thank you all, both for the compliments and the hard times.  Wink

Some clarification: The no items was a promised improvement after the initial submission.  The easy run came about since I was running the game so much anyway for the no item run.  I decided why not?  And there was pretty much no chance this side of hell that I could top Mike's hard run.  Of course, this also created the now infamous line of putting the words "Mike" and "Easy" in the same sentence.  I was worried about banishment after that.  Tongue 

And EC is right, games actually delete easy mode from their memory when Mike powers them on.
spread the dirt to the populace
why do we even bother hiding master-88's name from his verifier comments
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
Quote from Josh the Funkdoc:
why do we even bother hiding master-88's name from his verifier comments

quoted for truth
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Forgive the bump, but in the spirit of this thread, I found a highlight video.
Exoray
Quote from DK28:
Forgive the bump, but in the spirit of this thread, I found a highlight video.

I can imagine that's exactly how mike thought the run looked like Smiley
SEGA Junkie
No, it should have ended with Contra 3 still being brutal on easy mode because it's just that tough.