This is an SS run with items on easy difficulty

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Contra 3
Easy mode
Weapons used
Deathless

Audio & video quality was good enought. 
Estimate time was 12:38 used DVD timer. Mean around 10-12 seconds improvement over current run. Im not have nothing complains about run itself. Its just super tight. I pick up some shy wall jumps troubles levels 3 & 6. I think avoid use power bomb level 6 make run done one less lag.
Bosses seems mostly perfectly played. First form with last boss could be done faster IMO. This seems runner didn´t find perfect rhythm but also this was very small one.
But hell yeah i really wonder if someone can take this run down more than 5 seconds. This run was near perfect as far as i can tell. I think this run look like TAS. Damn! I said it again! Lips Sealed

ACCEPT.

Quote:
I voted to reject the last run.  I'm glad the runner came back and polished this up.  It's a considerable improvement over the last run and so it's an obvious accept from me.  I do have some nitpicks and they are listed below.

Stage 1
Dropping off the rail costs time and it means you have to wait for the fireball instead of going under it.

Stage 2
Didn't have the best luck with some of the spawns, but it was handled pretty well.  Don't lag! 

Stage 3
With the spinning pole phase of the midboss, you could've done some damage before riding the pole, but it's not that big of a deal.  You can do without getting the barrier, especially on easy.  You'll have better luck with the two robots if you get directly above them.  Not only does this help you shoot faster, but you'll have better luck damaging both of them simultaneously. 

Stage 4
Could get closer to the tank for more damage. 

Stage 5
Little pause executing the corner trick.  You could've turned a bit faster to hit the last bunker, but it's understandable because you had a rough spawn on the way there.  Nice job dealing with the two bad spawns.  The stage 5 boss fight was like fighting Metal Man with Metal Blade.

Stage 6
Don't use a bomb on the way to the heart.  If I can get to the heart in a hard low % run without a bomb then you can do it on an easy any %.  Nice heart fight, by the way.  You can climb a bit faster.  You could be a bit faster choosing an orb.  Fun as it is to shoot the brain while waiting for the helicopter, wait for the explosions to subside to avoid lag.

Quote:
This is Hurblat. I'm glad the runner improved his last run. The one currently on the site has some parts that don't look very good. This run takes care of that and is a pleasure to watch!

Nice to see some strats I introduced in my hard run being put to use.

The biggest improvements in this run are the stage 4 boss fight and stage 5 as a whole.

I will try not to repeat what previous verifiers have said.
Individual stage comments:

Stage 1:
It's possible to kill the tank around 0.2 seconds faster with better timing.

Stage 2:
The way the boss fight goes makes me think of www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YbMGW6xSzw for some reason.

Stage 3:
Nothing more to add.

Stage 4:
Awesome to see a lot more aggressive boss fight! The runner saves over 4 seconds (almost half of the improvement) on said fight.

Stage 5:
When performing the ledge skip, you can just fire three missiles with the right gun and then immediately start walking diagonally. Watch my run to see what I mean.

Stage 6:
In my opinion, it's easier to not use a bomb before the heart. See my run for how I do it.
On the Queen, you miss with one volley of missiles and only hit one of the eyes. Had this volley been better placed, you would have probably killed her in one less cycle. This would have saved about 2 seconds since she sends a worm long in the cycle after.

This is an obvious ACCEPT for me. The run is an improvement in both speed and looks. The runner states that he is done running this game. I assume he means he's done running Contra III on easy and is now ready to tackle it on hard mode!

Decision: Accept

Reason: This run improves over the rejected run in all the right ways

Congratulations to Jeremy 'DK28' Doll
Thread title:  
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Cue Uyama rant on difficulties that don't exist.

j/k, nice work DK28.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Thank you sinister.  Where is Mike to give me a few light slams about "easy"?

Master-88 - I was going for the TAS look.
Mr. K - Thank you for the input.  About the bomb going to the heart, I didn't realize there was that "sweet spot" on the way there until seeing your run.
Hurblat - I did use some of your strats, I believe I credited you in my notes, if not, I know I did in the audio commentary.  About hard, yeah, I play this so much I should.  I can beat hard faster than the average fellow, but I don't think I could hang with you and Mike.