Edit history:
ktwo: 2021-02-14 09:52:26 am
mikwuyma: 2009-03-07 08:15:59 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

'ktwo's PAL run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Surprisingly great video/audio quality. Very impressive gameplay quality throughout the whole run. There were almost no visible mistakes and the time lost is mostly due to bad luck (it might not look like luck is an important factor in this run, but it really is). The routes and ''power-ups'' planning was pretty good and definitely seemed optimal, though it's not really difficult to figure out. It's possible to shave around 20 seconds off this run but that would be incredible and probably won't happen in the near future. No cheating spotted

I speedran this game a few months ago and commenting on each and every level wouldn't be a problem, but really, the runner explained most of the obvious and unobvious strategies, tricks, mistakes and reasons for doing or not doing certain things in his comments.

This run is amazing in every way. Accepted

Quote:
Verifier: cobra triangle was fucking boss
Verifier: not just the execution but the planning too
me: yeah his use of force was perfect
Verifier: the protect the swimmer strategy was evil genius for one
me: yeah I would have never thought of that
Verifier: and force exactly in the two places you would most need it
me: but it's obviously the most reliable strategy
Verifier: yeah and faster
Verifier: bc you only need to count up 1 guy for score
me: and seriously how he got through the icebergs before he used force was ridiculous
Verifier: the whole run was full of such minor shit like that
Verifier: uh, he had one random death sadly
Verifier: it was on a bonus stage too lol, dunno how that counts
Verifier: it didn't cost him a single bit of time
Verifier: you know, the funny part about this run is he gets hit like 3x in stage 1
Verifier: and i'm thinking hmm i hope this is good
Verifier: lol
Verifier: oh he gets bad luck against that crab, that's not his fault though
me: yeah I don't think the death really counts since it's in a bonus stage
me: oh also about the first stage
me: I wouldn't hold it against him because there's not much you can do about dodging those guns without slowing down
Verifier: yeah i'm not holding it against him at all
me: and yeah the crab fight was the low point
Verifier: it doesn't even waste any time really
me: but like you said it's random and it's not his fault
Verifier: i just brought it up bc it was funny what i thought at the time
me: every single other boss fight was great
Verifier: little did i know my ass was about to be blown off 

Quote:
RUN OF THE YEAR!*

Decision: Accept

Reason: *I am Mike Uyama and I approve the third verifier's message. Wink
Thread title:  
I'm glad the run was so well received. I made pretty detailed commentaries and also just sent in audio comments to go with the run. Obviously invested some time into that. Then I got a very lucky run yesterday combined with overall better execution that basically crushed my old run (10+ seconds better, which is a lot in this game).

If someone is waiting for a Cobra Triangle run to get posted (which I do hope), be prepared to wait some more since I've requested the first run to be withdrawn and replaced by the new one. So, new verification, new comments and maybe audio commentaries again... I think the new run will be worth waiting for though (provided it will be accepted of course).

I don't expect any more updates on Cobra Triangle any time soon because the luck factor starts to become a bit steep for me in order to beat the new run. There are a couple of obvious mistakes, but the luck on some levels was also well above average.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Well it turns out this run wasn't well-received enough, because ktwo decided to improve it.

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Verifier: ok now cobra triangle
Verifier: RUN OF THE YEAR
Verifier: (except for diablo i guess lol)
Verifier: but i haven't watched that one yet so as far as i've seen, this one can be tops for now haha
Verifier: anyway the biggest thing is he got luckier against the crab
Verifier: go luck
Verifier: oh yeah, i don't know why i want to point this out but it's kinda funny
Verifier: last time, he "perfected" the first bonus target stage but messed up the second one
Verifier: and this time he messed up the first one but got the second one
Verifier: guess you can't have it all!
me: hey don't steal my catchline
me: tagline

Quote:
Top-notch video/audio quality. No signs of cheating

The runner got an incredibly good run a few weeks ago, and instead of throwing the game away and never putting his hands on it for the rest of his life, he managed to improve his run by more than 10 seconds, which is quite a feat. Even better luck and great execution once again. Accepted

Quote:
Dumb first verifier stealing my line. Sad Oh yeah, the run is great - the crab fight is much better, though the 12th race was a couple seconds slower. I really don't have anything else to say because the first run was so good.
Cigar Man
I just want to say that I am highly stimulated by runs of obscure NES games such as this one.  HIGHLY stimulated!