Sad
12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet. Should it exist?

Wesley 'Molotov' Corron's run

Quote:
Audio/video quality is fine.

The run does contain a death... the death of Mr. Boddy...

(Yes bad joke...)

That being said, shortest run on SDA is verified.

Quote:
There really isn't much to say about the run, except that it would, if accepted, become the shortest run on the site.

It's basically just an exercise in luck manipulation that likely required thousands of resets.

Accept, because it's about as fast as the game can possibly be played.

Quote:
The runner's strategy is to immediately accuse -- blind-guessing Mustard/Knife/Hall (the default selections, for which you don't have to move the cursor).  There are 324 possible solutions (6 people, 6 weapons, 9 rooms), so if you keep guessing the same thing enough times you'll eventually get it right.  I admire the runner's persistence:  guess, reset, guess, reset, guess, reset ...

The game is played at the highest difficulty (although this makes no difference to the game in a blind-guess strategy).
The runner chooses 3 players (the minimum).
The runner sets all 3 players to human (since this requires no cursor movement).
In a normal run of this game (actually using clues and deducing the solution), i would expect the rules for game-settings would require you to choose 3 players with 1 human and 2 computer.  But for a guessing approach, the game settings really don't matter.

No video quality issues or signs of cheating (unless you'd call immediately guessing the solution cheating).

Decision: ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Reason: Congratulations on having the shortest run, Molotov.
Thread title:  
You got a deletion wish?
And LOL to the TAS submissions that got the finger.
Back in the game!
This should be labled as death abuse.  The death is CLEARLY intentional.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Is this like a rendition of the board game?  If so, does he just select a combination and hope he wins?  That's a cheap way to get the fastest run... effective though.
Quote:
It's basically just an exercise in luck manipulation that likely required thousands of resets.

Believe it or not, I think it only took about an hour or two of attempts. I remember being stupidly lucky, considering the 324 variations.

Quote from mikwuyma:
Congratulations on having the shortest run, Molotov.

Thanks, Mike. Smiley

Quote from ZenicReverie:
Is this like a rendition of the board game?  If so, does he just select a combination and hope he wins?  That's a cheap way to get the fastest run... effective though.

Yeah, this is just like the board game. I don't think I initially meant to submit the run to SDA because of how simple it is, but Mike said I could try submitting it anyway (couldn't hurt). I was obviously concerned that it would get rejected for being 99% luck (1% button mashing), but yay it passed anyway.
we have lift off
Did you use the same guess for all tries?
Quote from ridd3r.:
Did you use the same guess for all tries?

Of course. Mustard/Knife/Hall is the quickest thing to guess (without TAS precision), so guessing anything else is silly.
Insert text here later
Quote from Molotov:
Quote:

Believe it or not, I think it only took about an hour or two of attempts. I remember being stupidly lucky, considering the 324 variations.

The RNG is surprisingly bad in this game, so it wouldn't surprise me at all that it took so short.  For example, if you (at power on) choose 6 player with Professor Plum as the only human, I'm pretty sure that you will see the first five rolls be 4,5,1,1,6.
And the competition for shortest run on SDA continues!

What next, Solitaire and Minesweeper? =|
Waiting hurts my soul...
Depends how fast this one is.  I think Adventure (2600) can get pretty low.
I normally don't keep defaults, but I do love SDA!
God, 2 months and i'm allready bumped off the top.  Cry

Grats Molotov.
SEGA Junkie
I'd like to point out that the picture I saw on the game page is a massive spoiler. >:O

Quote from ZenicReverie:
Depends how fast this one is.  I think Adventure (2600) can get pretty low.

Far as I know, that's about 33 seconds... Youtube will enlighten you.
Aww, I was hoping for an audio commentary  Smiley
Hey!

I don't understand where the clock starts. It seems to me that it'd have to begin as of the character selection... or is it really immediately after that?

Thanks for the enlightenment and congrats anyway Smiley
Timing starts when you gain control of your character. Game Setup--picking number of players and the like--is not character control.

Anyway, congrats on the shortest run on the site! Keeping the above rule in mind, I knew it was going to be short, but I didn't think it'd be quite that short. Smiley
You spoony bard!
I blinked.  Sad
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from Emptyeye Not Logged In:
Timing starts when you gain control of your character. Game Setup--picking number of players and the like--is not character control.

Anyway, congrats on the shortest run on the site! Keeping the above rule in mind, I knew it was going to be short, but I didn't think it'd be quite that short. Smiley

If you want more specifics, I started timing on frame 1148, which is when you gain control (you get the menu options). I ended timing on frame 1368, which is when the last accusation is made.
Hi! I'm andrewg!
haha... wow such a short run. I shall find one that beats it!
Master-88
lol Grin
wise fwom yo gwave
BEST RUN EVER BABY!
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Quote from stanski:
BEST RUN EVER BABY!

This.
Edit history:
tycho102: 2009-05-12 06:01:31 pm
Some people think they can outsmart me.
Oh what the fuCk.

edit- I'm still pissed as hell, so, I made an animated gif.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
It's funny that the fastest run on the site containes no skill at all; it's 100% luck. I'm not trying be insulting or sarcastic, it's just that when you look at some of the other fastest runs here, they were worked on for weeks and months. This one was done in less than half a day through guess work. It's an interesting contrast to what is usually required.
I normally don't keep defaults, but I do love SDA!
Quote from The_Quiet_Man:
It's funny that the fastest run on the site containes no skill at all; it's 100% luck. I'm not trying be insulting or sarcastic, it's just that when you look at some of the other fastest runs here, they were worked on for weeks and months. This one was done in less than half a day through guess work. It's an interesting contrast to what is usually required.

Tell me about it Sad

But as Enhasa said "The skill was in game selection."
sda loyalist
Just you wait. Smiley