Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-01-10 08:14:27 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Release all spirits run

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Decision: Accept

Here follows the "short version" of my comments, the .txt file with the "long version" was left at home >_> so I'll get that to you if you want.

Early on in the first and third segments a bit of general optimization could have been used, but it's easier to fault the camera for it than calling it a mistake.  Runner has some small mistakes here and there (pressing X with the wrong item in front of you is a pretty big one) throughout the run. The fight with Scissorwoman was quite awful, though Scissorman was near perfect.  On certain computers (maybe it's the monitor, but whatever) the videos are way too dark to watch, and I needed to turn up the brightness by over 30% (In VLC) sometimes, giving everything a grey tint.  However on my main computer they were fine at default brightness, so results may vary.  There were no other graphical or sound glitches, and after a few things were cleared up for me via the authors comments, it's an undoubted accept.

Quote:
Verifier: I'm a bit of a slacker (in my book) for taking this long to verify, but I'd like to point out that I did finish watching the Clock Tower 3 run.
Verifier: For now, I'm on the fence about how to vote.
Verifier: I wrote up a decent set of notes that probably lacks much of a flow, but I still didn't check for item counts and so forth. I'll do that later, because I really cared far more about play quality. >_<
Verifier: Is a "meh" vote possible? I thought the run was acceptable/good until the final boss, at which point he wasted several minutes...which makes me lean toward rejection a bit. :/
Verifier: I checked the item counts and everything was correct. Also, I uploaded my notes (in a .zip, because Geocities hates .txt for some reason) because I can't figure out how to attach a file to a private message on the board: http://www.geocities.com/kessenaddict/clocktowernotes.zip
Verifier: I also changed my vote to no.
Verifier: Upon that second viewing, I noticed a route error that could've saved him a decent chunk of time (say 10+ seconds). :/

Decision: Reject

Reason: The verifier who passed the run even admitted there was an awful fight (Scissorwoman), and the other verifier pointed out that the runner wasted a couple of minutes towards the end.

Run available upon request (pm me).
Thread title:  
And after all that time on the list it's rejected.  Tongue
Fucking Weeaboo
Well, my skills at other games have improved over the past couple of years (this run was done way back in early 2007), so I may go back and redo this at some point.  Not sure when or if, but something to think about.

At least I can finally put this recording out into the pasture. ^^;;
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quote from Lord_VG:
Well, my skills at other games have improved over the past couple of years (this run was done way back in early 2007), so I may go back and redo this at some point.  Not sure when or if, but something to think about.

At least I can finally put this recording out into the pasture. ^^;;

Well, at least you know you'll get verifiers this time. Wink
Never give up!
You know, I really need to get my copy of this game back from my brother, who I loaned it out to when I finished the game once.

Then I can play it, take another look at Sir_VG's run (no, I was not one of the verifiers - the runner posted his old run on YouTube), and give suggestions.

The only one I remember is that it may be possible to do two heavenly attacks on the final boss.  It'll be a royal pain to pull off (I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 500+ attempts just to do that once) but I think it's faster than the duck-shoot-duck-shoot method I remember seeing before just because the guy has so much health.  It'll impress the verifiers if nothing else, I think.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from AquaTiger:
You know, I really need to get my copy of this game back from my brother, who I loaned it out to when I finished the game once.

Then I can play it, take another look at Sir_VG's run (no, I was not one of the verifiers - the runner posted his old run on YouTube), and give suggestions.

The only one I remember is that it may be possible to do two heavenly attacks on the final boss.  It'll be a royal pain to pull off (I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 500+ attempts just to do that once) but I think it's faster than the duck-shoot-duck-shoot method I remember seeing before just because the guy has so much health.  It'll impress the verifiers if nothing else, I think.

I'm sure it's possible, given that the boss has a HUGE double lifebar.  That may involve ditching all green arrows and just getting red, because that's gonna be the only way to seal him twice.
Quote from Lord_VG:
I'm sure it's possible, given that the boss has a HUGE double lifebar.  That may involve ditching all green arrows and just getting red, because that's gonna be the only way to seal him twice.

Yeah, two sounds reasonable now that you mention it. I was the one who voted to reject (in case it wasn't obvious), but I still have no idea if you can flip between arrows. I freaking hate this game, so you'll have to forgive me for not paying attention to such a small detail. Tongue

By the way, though it's been a while since I've watched that part of the run, I don't understand the hate for the Scissorwoman battle. That battle is freaking hellish, and I remember you doing a pretty good job with it. Perhaps the other verifier knew of some trick you could use?

Also, everyone needs to see the end of the Chopper battle. Freaking hilarious.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Molotov:
Quote from Lord_VG:

Yeah, two sounds reasonable now that you mention it. I was the one who voted to reject (in case it wasn't obvious), but I still have no idea if you can flip between arrows. I freaking hate this game, so you'll have to forgive me for not paying attention to such a small detail. Tongue

By the way, though it's been a while since I've watched that part of the run, I don't understand the hate for the Scissorwoman battle. That battle is freaking hellish, and I remember you doing a pretty good job with it. Perhaps the other verifier knew of some trick you could use?

Also, everyone needs to see the end of the Chopper battle. Freaking hilarious.

As far as I'm aware of, there is no way to flip through the arrow selection that I've seen.  You have to go through in order.  As for Scissorwoman, I have no idea how to make that better, since it's bitchass random, and the camera there SUCKS.
:(
I confess I haven't played through the entire game in a while, the Scissorwoman fight just looked sloppy to me, compared to the high quality of all the other fights in the game, and the high quality of the Scissorman fight.  It could be a really good job.

I'm the other verifier, in case it wasn't obvious.