Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Why does this game page exist? http://speeddemosarchive.com/ChameleonTwist.html

Kevin 'neskamikaze' LaLonde's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Run was good. Not perfect, but there's a lot going on so it seems acceptable. A few costly mistakes such as falling on the second level, but most tricks are well executed.

In game timer is used.

Audio seems to be mono on the left track, easily fixed I expect.

I don't have a lot else to say on this. Everything seems pretty good, but I think a good 10-20 seconds might be able to be cut off with good luck and less mistakes.

Verdict: Accept. It's a solid run.

Quote:
Chameleon Twist (N64) Verification

First things first, so I have to report that audio seems to be on the left channel only. Other than that, video quality is fine and I detected no cheating.

Jungle Land
Great route, it even improves the one from the TAS. Execution is very good too, the only small mistake being that the runner did not defeat the boss optimally.

Bomb Land
The room with the bomb in the center took a lot more time than it should and some more time is lost by falling in the second bridge. I'm not really complaining about the latter time loss though, since that happens on occasion if you get bad luck while trying to run straight through the bridge. And there is still quite a bit to be happy about: the runner did some very precise jumps, got lucky in the "shoot-the-box-with-the-circle" room and the boss cooperated.
Note to anyone attempting to improve this (ha): in the room where the runner misses that one very precise jump but makes it the second time, if you're not consistent at it (say, if you can't get it within 2 tries like 90% of the time), then don't bother doing it since if you have to attempt it 3 or more times until you get it, then it would be faster to just go around the room normally.

Kids Land
I'm very pleased with the runner's execution and route throughout this level. I especially liked that the runner took a different path from the TAS in the 2nd moving platforms room because it is faster his/her way :). Speaking of TAS, jumping in the really small platforms with a pole is TAS-only, so the runner did the next best thing and handled the rooms with them very well. The boss battle was very fast too.

Ghost Castle
This is one tough level to do like this, so, again, kudos to the runner for not being afraid to use the harder but faster methods. Highlights of this level: skipping platforms in the ghost platform rooms without falling, getting good luck in the first mirror room and, to top it all up, the very last room before the boss. Awesome AWESOME strats in this last room put the TAS to shame, and they're executed flawlessly. The runner must be proud.

Therefore, should the above mentioned audio issue not matter, I accept this run as an improvement to the current one.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I don't think it's possible to explain why this topic or run exists.
Thread title:  
Nope, no explanation for this run, except that it's a fun little N64 game that I felt I good to do better than the existing run. Hurray for improvements.