List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaSotN.html

SS run any% with Richter

Verifier Responses

Quote:
5 fail airdashes, ranecat is upset i've had to console him this whole morning after watching this run. what is this?

5 missed airdashes two of which don't matter (he attempted to airdash out of medusa's room and i think it would've been too ealry anyway), and the final airdash into the opening to shaft cutscene doesn't really matter that much.

all in all said, what more can you ask for? Ranecat demands purrrrfection and is a lazy ass, just look at that typing... hasn't done much since.

Quote:
Do the OoB trick, mecha! DO IT!!!!!

I'm surprised Richter runs still go through verification. Well I guess I can do something useful at least. A/V was fine, and I can confirm the timing is correct at 5:40. Yay, now I feel like I did actual work. So yea, accept? Duh?

Quote:
Audio's good. Video's good. Timing is correct at 5:40. Hippogryph cooperated and he got both quick kills. Very few botched air dash inputs. There were also a few air dashes and uppercuts that didn't look right. Good examples are the two uppercuts on the way out of Alchemy Lab. I'm sure he can squeak out another 2 or 3 seconds by cleaning those up, but as with the other 2 million submissions I accept.

Quote:
Didn't even bother watching.  Accept.

(Ok not really.  A/V looks good and the other three already mentioned the few very minor blips in the run.  Not much else to say, really.  This is a really clean run and belongs on the site.  Though I'm sure he'll improve it before it ever gets the chance.)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Todd 'Mecha Richter' Foreman!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
FEAST YOUR EYES on this same-day verification. I sent this out 3 hours and 45 minutes ago.
Fucking Weeaboo
FEAST YOUR EYES ON SAME DAY ACCEPTANCE AND CANCELLATION BY THE RUNNER.  Well, I'm waiting on the last part anyways, knowing him.
1-Up!
He swears this is the last one.
Is PJ
We win!
Haters gonna hate
I swear this is the last one. I'm so done with any%.

All bosses, on the other hand, has a ton of new strats I need to try out, including a faster way to kill Dopple 40!
Willing to teach you the impossible
LOL
Pudding%
I expect him to come home from work tomorrow morning and pound out a 5:35 on his first try.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Can we now remove the poor (video) quality PS1 version?
Edit history:
DK28: 2012-05-17 12:39:02 pm
DK28: 2012-05-17 12:37:28 pm
DK28: 2012-05-17 12:37:24 pm
DK28: 2012-05-17 12:37:23 pm
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
^ This.  Isn't it one of the most visually atrocious runs still on the site?

Congrats to Mecha!  Double Win!
Not a walrus
I was gonna say something about Guardian Legend but then I remembered that got replaced a little while ago. The old run just stuck in my mind that badly, I guess.
Edit history:
theseawolf1: 2012-05-17 04:15:58 pm
SGL Scrublord
Damn right it got replaced! Looking forward to seeing this.

EDIT: Castlevania on Facebook just posted the Youtube vid of this bad boy.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from theseawolf1:
EDIT: Castlevania on Facebook just posted the Youtube vid of this bad boy.

LOL sweet
Haters gonna hate
Actually, the run they posted isn't the one I submitted here. The run on there is 1 second slower, but it looks more fluid because my submitted run took a different route in Reverse Colosseum which saves 3 seconds over the other route, but I made more mistakes.
Is PJ
I change my verification.  Reject.  Too many mistakes.
Pudding%
According to a guy who commented on the 5:41 on Castlevania's FB page, there's like 15 seconds of improvements! Mecha is clearly slacking. Tongue
Haters gonna hate
That guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Unless he means I should hit every frame perfect slidekick-airdash combo in the run, there isn't 15 seconds of improvement. Maybe 8 at the very most.