Quote:
Verifier: run looks very solid
Verifier: looks like a good casstlevania run should
Verifier: a couple mishaps here and there but nothing major
Verifier: also he almost dies like 2 minutes in which is pretty cool
Verifier: oh and frankenstein is always the most retarded castlevania boss
Verifier: also i forgot how sweet the music was in this game

Quote:
rondo of blood: i don't remember the 100% very well at this point, but this run seems at least as good so accept for sure
some new developments like boss 3 strategy
i get the feeling that saving maria might not be worth the time it takes, yay overly long cutscene
but since i haven't tested myself, i will definitely cede to the runner
sometimes he got unlucky with some boss movements and such (like the werewolf), handled things pretty well though
this was a really nice run to watch, fast and precise movement with maria, grats to the runner

Quote:
There's a really nasty sound desynch. It starts out fine, but as the run goes on the sound gets further and further behind the video, capping at about 3 seconds or so. Video quality's fine, though.

Stage 0: No problem.

Stage 1: He jumps the wrong way on the third screen. The Wyvern fight was pretty good. However, I don't think having all those hearts at the end is worth it.

Stage 2: I think he can manage the beginning without the multiplier. Nice luck on the first hallway. Unfortunate hit during the Behemoth chase, but that always seems to happen. He really gets his ass kicked by the Werewolf. Again, that's usually a rough fight. But still.

This game has a soft reset code, apparently. I wasn't aware of that.

Stage 3: The luck of getting an invincibility jar from that first Spear Guard must be nuts. Saves a bit of time. Got hit by a skeleton before the first door. Bitched Dogether.

Stage 4': In the first part of the stage, he's kinda stop'n'go. When Maria rolls off a ledge, you can double jump afterwards. Compared to sliding off, which means death. He should be rolling off some of the ledges to not stop so much. The rest is good.

Stage 5: The stage is very good, though he got slowed down a bit at the end. While climbing up to Death, he omitted a shortcut that he used in previous runs. Why? On Death, he missed a Seiryu and hit him a few unnecessary times with doves. There was a short delay before the start of the second form. When getting the orb, why not jump from the little platform so that the orb doesn't fall as much?

Stage 6: Must've had a brain fart to pick up that Byakko. The bat fight was a bit slow. As was Medusa. Mummy and Frank are perfect. Had some bad luck on Shaft, too, but also made some human errors for even further time loss.

Stage 7: Icky luck on the bridge. Missed a jump on screen two. There's a shortcut on screen 3 he didn't use. Maria can just slide left on the second gear to fall right to the bottom. I thought I brought it up in my verdict for the 100% run. He had to back up a bit for a big heart, which he could've done without. He messed up jumping on the pendulums. Kickass fight with Shaft's Ghost. It's the hilight of the run.

Stage 8: I think he can handle Dracula without Seiryu. Certainly doesn't need it on the first form, and barely uses it on the second. It looks like the damage isn't too much greater than the doves. And he does have a lot of hearts left over.

This is the seventh time VG has run this category, at least according to his Youtube page. And this was the one to get under 24 minutes. I congratulate him for getting this far. However, I don't think it's quite ready for submission. There's quite a few mistakes made, at the very least 5 seconds worth. It's mostly from boss fights. Overall, it's still rough around the edges. I reccommend trying one more time. For now, it's a reject from me. Though I have a funny feeling my peers will disagree.

Quote:
I don't remember the 100% too well, but this run definitely has better sliding than that run, AFAIK. Overall this run was pretty tight. The only moments that looked kinda bad were that mishap in stage 3 and trying to input the blade attack on shaft when he probably would have died from a bird. The highlight is definitely the ghost Shaft fight, much better strategy than the 100% run. This was a good run and I look forward to more possible rondo runs.

Just two things for future runs.

-There has to be some moments where it's better to backflip as Richter. Backflipping is faster, as the TAS has proven. I know backflipping is difficult, but I think it's possible to save a lot of time doing it.

-I think it's worth trying to key the bosses as Richter. I know keying the bosses is difficult, but the TAS proved it is the most powerful attack and might be better than getting Maria for a speedrun.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a good run and better than the current 100%.

I'm sorry this took so long to get verified, that's my fault. Sad
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
-I think it's worth trying to key the bosses as Richter. I know keying the bosses is difficult, but the TAS proved it is the most powerful attack and might be better than getting Maria for a speedrun.

True, but Richter only would be a separate category.

Quote:
i get the feeling that saving maria might not be worth the time it takes, yay overly long cutscene

Again, Richter only is a separate category, as stated on the game page.