List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaLoI.html

Nicholas 'Sir_VG' Hoppe's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Quality ain't different from last time. Which means it's good.

The first 5 stages are good. Very good. In addition to a better route, his boss fights were better and he got lucky in a few spots. Just looking at these would be enough for me to accept.

However, we then come to the Pagoda and the doppleganger fight. What happened? Why didn't he use Astral Knife this time? The fight lasts about twice as long without it. The same thing happens during Walter. Sure he uses Vertical High this time, but he doesn't use Astral Knife. What the hell? Why would you do that? It's not like he's out of hearts or anything. It hurts him really bad in this case cause Walter does his explosion move a second time now. It's a damn shame these fights suck, cause the rest of the Pagoda was really good. Except for Death, but that was just bad luck.

This run may be three minutes better than the last one, and about 16 minutes quicker than the published run, but the horrendous mistakes made in those two fights tell me that it could be even quicker than that. And a succeeding run should be of the same quality of the previous run at the least. A lower time alone isn't enough to win me over. I reject. The runner should definitely try for a third time, which at this point should be very close to sub50.

Quote:
execution was tight, he didn't blow his loads early, and killed bosses quickly

Quote:
Audio/Video: Fine.

Cheating: None detected.

Quick note before I begin: HELLO VERIFICATION PEOPLES! THIS IS DRAGONDARCH AND I'M VERIFYING A RUN THAT BEAT ONE OF MINE! (so much for anonymity...)

Gameplay: Honestly...I think I'm gonna keep this (very) short. For the most part it just looks like my old run with a lot better execution all around, plus the Item Duplication Glitch thrown in. I don't see a lot in the way of possible improvements - I do think it's possible, but certainly wouldn't be easy, and would be minor in any case.

Decision: Accept.

Final Note: I think I should go back and improve my 100% run now...

Decision: Accept

Reason: The previous runner accepted the run! Sorry verifier 1, but that fact alone trumps your reject.
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Hi Dragondarch!  Long time no see.  Good to see you're still around.

As for the Doppleganger/Walter fights, it may be possible to get faster battles while using Astral Knife, but using Vertical High was the suggested strategy last time and comboing it into a round of 4 more attacks does a ton of damage.  I just got fucked over with that second apocalypse move at Walter.  I should have been able to get him before he did it, but guess that's the way the cookie crumbles...I wasn't going to lose that good of a run at that point.

P.S. Where's the weeaboo hater? Tongue
Castlevania?
Grats on the better time! You should do bossrush now. Cheesy