--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Nicholas 'Sir_VG' Hoppe's arcade mode easy run as Trevor

Quote:
Well........shit.....I just got my words fed to me on a silver platter with a side of Dracula's head. Here I was thinking it couldn't be that much faster, and here I am stunned that it was under a minute. My first expectation was sub 56s but Dracula ruined it with a low blow. But jeez almost 10 seconds saved off? He definitely was practicing his ass off for this one. Just like the previous version, I'm still saying accept for this.

Quote:
I thought I said he could whif the first two hits? Anyway huge improvement for such a short run, accept.
It's hard to tell from his video but whifing the first two hits gives you less room for error, you need to hit with the second whip throw every match or restart the game and there is nothing you can do to effect it. So combine the luck of not getting Golem or Death, the luck of each enemy not blocking or dodging and a good Dracula fight ( much harder then it looks ). It's a ton of luck manipulation.
Congrats on the sub 1 min time am glad you kept at it.

Quote:
It's nice to see him break what I first thought to be an absolute best time. Under a minute is impressive. Aside from Dracula landing the one hit the player took, this is practically perfect. Improvement isn't going to come easy; the luck required is immense.

He's not cheating. The video quality is fine.

Even though the run is repetetive, it is really fast, and very well done. I Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Another well-optimized sub-minute run Shocked
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
...the luck required is immense.

Understatement of the year.

Things required of this run:

1. Golem doesn't show up.
2. Eric doesn't show up.
3. Death doesn't show up (that's the easiest one, since he rarely shows up on Arcade Mode it seems).
4. Dracula does his proper pattern.
5. Nobody does serious evading, blocking, or countering.

This was the prime example of a controller throwing, Tiki-mouth screaming at the TV, reset a million times run.

(No, seriously.  I would have put Tiki to shame with how bad my mouth was running this thing after a while.  Exercise in frustration.)

As for times with all the fighters, I can get sub-7 on everybody but those mentioned in #1-4.  Golem I can generally get around 7.4-7.5s, Eric generally takes close to 8s (usually under.  Once I've had a 7.41 but that was 1 in a million), Death I haven't faced off enough, but when I do, he mainly screws things up, and Dracula takes generally too long.  I don't like that one hit, but 1 hit I can put up with for how good the rest of this run is.
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
I think the only way a faster fight might be possible is if you could avoid knocking them down twice because it takes them a couple sec to get up. Like if you don't wiff the second combo, hit the first two hits but they some how block the second whip throw, that would put your bar at max and put most characters a half health I think. Basically imposable to do on purpose, and I haven't tried it enough to make sure it's possible but food for thought.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from error1:
I think the only way a faster fight might be possible is if you could avoid knocking them down twice because it takes them a couple sec to get up. Like if you don't wiff the second combo, hit the first two hits but they some how block the second whip throw, that would put your bar at max and put most characters a half health I think. Basically imposable to do on purpose, and I haven't tried it enough to make sure it's possible but food for thought.

No, that wouldn't work.  The whip throw is necessary to do twice to get the special bar up high enough.  Dropping one of them, even while connecting with everything else won't do it.  Maybe if some super long chain attack was figured out, but doing that much damage without the whip throw that fast...I don't think it's possible.

Really, the only way to save time would be for them to be stupid, run to the ring's edge on a stage you can ring out (like the Clock Tower, for instance), and then dropping them off the edge with the unblockable attack.  And that's even more unreasonable.  I did a 6.37 with Shanoa (against Shanoa) on that level once.  But getting the AI to do what's needed every time on a level that works like that (which isn't too many)...yeah right.

(That fight starts at about 2:44)