List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaCotM.html

Riku 'Emperor91' Vanhanen's Magican mode run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
If none of the other verifiers have used the word "bonerific" to describe this run, I'd be shocked. Cause really, no other word describes it.

Segment 1 had an extra pause, and he diddled around on the pause screen a little before that. It's no big deal, considering everything else is very solid, but still unfortunate.

Segment 2 is a clean run from one save point to another. I see no real mistakes in this one; it's like TAS.

Proper luck manipulation starts in Segment 3. Being the one who rejected Belmont's runs, this makes me happy. The extra pause is icky, though. Aside from that, only other mistake is not running before a couple jumps, but that shit happens all the time.

In Segment 4, I expected him to save before Iron Golem, to make luck manipulation a bit easier. But he just passes it up and bones that bitch. The rest of the segment was flawless, too.

Segment 5 shows some sick dodging skills in the hands room. He got hung up for a second before entering the waterway. The Summon Climb went well. He missed the save point afterwards, but that cost him a second at the most. Much better than Belmont's.

In Segment 6, Carmilla got boned. He used a double damage bone while in midair. I found that very impressive. I don't remember it being necessary to moon jump into the first room of the Observation Tower. He chickened out at the very end of the segment. That's probably the biggest mistake so far.

There's a moon jump mistake a little before Hugh in Segment 7. I was impressed by Belmont's luck on Hugh, so I'm left speechless by this run's luck. 4 out the 5 bones thrown were big bones. Holy shit. It's unfortunate that he couldn't jump over the Devil, but after that luck on Hugh, that's understandable.

Which brings me to the final segment. Dracula's 1st form: perfect. 2nd form: not so perfect. There were a lot of small bones thrown. Each one of those are doubly as costly when he's pausing in between to get a double bone. Inbetween the 2nd and 3rd forms, Drac only flew by twice, which I believe is the minimum number of times he can do that. 3rd form: perfect. He showed up close to the player, and the player got another midair double bone.

This run was very impressive, tightly performed, and addressed most if not all of my complaints with Belmont's runs. He even threw in new shit I wasn't expecting. Is it perfect? Not quite. There are a few tiny mistakes that cost maybe a few seconds total, definitely less than 10. But still, this is like TAS.

Give this dog a bone. He earned it. I accept.

Quote:
Okay I watched it all right now simply because it was too awesome so here's my opinion:

We seem to have alot of Castlevania Circle of the Moon runs coming in this year and when I was asked to download this, I was like, "Sheesh another run of it?". That all changed the more I kept watching. The most noticable improvement that this run does that all other runs don't do is well, put more effort. Most of us would know that you could actually kill Necromancer and Golem with one bone toss, but the thing is, we're pretty much willing to lose about 6-10 secs just because we're too lazy to manipulate luck. This player on the other hand does what we're all too lazy to do, throw a large bone on the first try. If that isn't enough to make you go WTF then his Carmilla fight throws two bones... out of 2 tries! I'm not going to spoil the rest but if you plan on beating this record with better luck, I'm afraid you're already out of luck.

Pedobear approves.

Quote:
This run makes me glad that there are people who get angry enough to improve runs. Grin

The last verifier wanted his comments withheld, but wanted to note this was his 100th verification.

Verdict: Accept

Reason: This run completely smashes the old run.
Thread title:  
Is it me, or is the embedded movie missing part 3?
Quote from DTaeKim:

Yes it is, I watched it this morning.

Granted, I've never played the game to know what was missing or why it is so much better than the previous run, but it did look very impressive.
Master-88
Quote from neskamikaze:
Quote from DTaeKim:

Yes it is, I watched it this morning.

Granted, I've never played the game to know what was missing or why it is so much better than the previous run, but it did look very impressive.

Previous run in SDA was extremely lazy job. This look previous runner was spend at most 10 attempts per segment and bones manipultions suck.

My brother run was much better most because he manipulated big bones much faster than previous runner. My Brother last segment was whole 2 minutes faster than previous runner did.

Seriously there is nothing really new route lines my brother run was just cleaner job everywhere especially my Brother Dracula fight was insane. I really wonder how SDA stanard even accept belmont run already. It is rejected much better runs in other games.

My brother run is just insane. It is possible to beat, but there is very minor room improvements and better run requires incredible luck manipulations with big bones. My brother almost make all his bones without dying.

Congrats your run Riku. Wink
Speedrunner and highscore player
Thanks guys  Smiley and thanks to all verifers for accepting this run  Smiley

Quote from neskamikaze:

Mainly this run was much more optimed than previous, and I was much more patient to get big bones as my bro said. Dracula made this run much faster what I decided, over two minute win to Belmont´s run totally surprised me.

There seems be third part now, I must take some time to watch my run here, my very first offical WR speedrun  Cheesy
I'd seen the stuff about getting the big bones quickly, and figured that must have been lucky because it shouldn't be right to walk up to a boss unleveled and kill it in one shot. What's the chance of getting one of them?
Speedrunner and highscore player
Quote from neskamikaze:
I'd seen the stuff about getting the big bones quickly, and figured that must have been lucky because it shouldn't be right to walk up to a boss unleveled and kill it in one shot. What's the chance of getting one of them?

Yeah, that´s total luck. Chance is about 1/10. I did test and got 120/1000 big bones. This explains why my Hugh fight was crazy and Dracula too  Wink
Master-88
Know anyone is there any TAS explains about big bones. It is luck though. But is there any explains how you make it. Throw bones correct frames or etc... Maybe TAS peoples can answer with this questions.