Josh 'Funkdoc' Ballard's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio: It's Funkdoc!
Video: It's Funkdoc!
Run Quality: It's Funkdoc!
Dracula Killing: It's Funkdoc!
Masterpiece destruction: It's Funkdoc!

Best way to describe this run?  IT'S FUNKDOC.  It's the answer to all questions and a reply to all statements.

Acceptance?  It's Funkdoc.

Quote:
Video looks good. Audio sounds good. Gameplay is beyond good. Seriously, there was no error on the runner's part in this run. All the time lost, and that's very little, was because of random factors in the game. This game has practically been pushed to its limit. Run of the Year right here. Accept it already.

The only problem is that there's no audio commentary on the verifier copy, despite what the statid says. I really want to hear it.

Quote:
This was a bigger waste of time than verifying Castlevania IV.    Wink

I feel sorry for the people who have to wait months to see this run.

Quote:
I dunno if I can accept this - that 1 heart left after Frankenstein should have led to some swearing and a reset. Wink

Everything that counts was perfect - only odd thing I noticed was that if I watched the video in Windows Media Player I would get no sound (played a couple of other recent runs I've verified in WMP just to make sure it wasn't an oddity of my PC), though SMPlayer played the audio fine.

ACCEPT!!!!!

Quote:
Castlevania NES
Verification respond

New Castlevania run is super awesome. Its great improvement over previous run which was also really tight one. New run used cross weapons levels 2 & 3 which seems better intention than holy water.
Shortcut level 4 was truly awesome. I never are knew that.

Mostly this run seems perfect. Dracula fight was great but its could be luckier. Also critical hit is possible but its usually way too random on console speedruns.

Im not haved any complains about run. Theoretical its could be faster by couple seconds but you have to be super lucky with Dracula. Otherwise im not find any real mistakes here. Runner did all damage boosts correctly and making perfect boss fights and avoid all stops.

ACCEPT
Hell yeah.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I don't see why I wouldn't
Thread title:  
Willing to teach you the impossible
Grat... umm I mean It's Funkdock!
Edit history:
andrewg: 2011-08-03 12:05:13 pm
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Great run!!!  I'm really impressed with the execution here. I seriously think a sub 12 run isn't out of the question though, even without lucky hits... but I'm talking 11:59 here. The lowest I can see this time going is about 11:50, but I doubt even 11:55 will ever happen.

Doesn't surprise me one bit after you absolutely destroyed me during the last marathon. haha. Maybe I should get revenge this winter? Wink
Clam
It says there's audio commentary on track 2, but I'm not seeing a track 2 on this file.  Is that a mistake, or am I being dumb?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
That is a mistake. Originally there was going to be audio commentary, but Josh decided against it in the end.
Clam
I dislike teases. Sad
wise fwom yo gwave
Great run man! I loved it!