1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Tony 'ZenicReverie' Foster's bad ending hard difficulty run with the katana (weapons are separate categories in this game, not characters).

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Honestly, this is a solid run with only 2-3 seconds of mistakes at most with the current strategies. There's nothing more to say.

I'm wondering if the triangle circle combo would be better, because the first triangle slash has a chance of killing if the opponent doesn't block, and the combo is quicker, but I'm not sure if the second hit consistently kills the opponent.

Quote:
Audio/Video: Sure looks and sounds like Bushido Blade. GRUNT.

The strategy is very straightforward and the execution is good. As the runner mentioned, there are a few places which could be improved, but unless there's a way to get quicker death animations, future runs with the katana will probably look very, very similar to this one. It's quick and clean, so good job.

Should I time the run, and if so, what are the rules for that? Also, is there anything else I should do that I missed?

Quote:
audio/video seems fine
Red Shadow seems best, I don't know if she moves faster then Tatsumi but she's much faster with katana swinging ( it's not like he was dashing or running anyway so movement speed isn't important )
strategy is straight forward and well executed
hitting the opponent at the earliest moment is harder then it looks, you can attack them during the intro but you won't be able to get an ending, and the game is a jerk about it.
getting 1 hit kills vs everyone one is possible and I don't think a few 1hks would be out of reach for a SS run but this is very solid
ACCEPT

Quote:
A/V is good

on a run this short, i'd personally aim a little higher as far as luck goes, but this is darn good and an improvement wouldn't be that large.

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Reason: 32-bit pixelated blood sprays of joy.
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
To improve the run, I'd say someone should aim to kill the sledgehammer guy in one combo, and get the 1 hit kill on the guy in the river cave (the one before gun guy). Yeah, I don't really know their names off-hand and I'm being lazy, so I'm not going to look them up.

Quote:
I'm wondering if the triangle circle combo would be better, because the first triangle slash has a chance of killing if the opponent doesn't block, and the combo is quicker, but I'm not sure if the second hit consistently kills the opponent.

I tried both, and the circle triangle combo was much more consistent. There seemed more of a chance to block the triangle circle with certain characters. I'm not sure if the combo is quicker since the second strike in circle triangle is the quick one. I do use both combos in the run though, most notably on sledgehammer guy, and on the gun guy I use triangle circle because he usually won't block it.

Quote:
Should I time the run, and if so, what are the rules for that? Also, is there anything else I should do that I missed?

Should be pretty straight forward to time it. It's a little over 3 minutes. Judging by my DVD timer, it's 3:04 if you stop at the final blow, or 3:07 when it goes to the replay (official loss of character control). You're able to control the character at the very start of the first battle as soon as it loads, so that's when I started.

Thank you verifiers for verifying.