1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Jeff 'Cosmos' Vughs (not the same as cosmo) run on the PAL version.

Verifier Responses

Quote:
ok there is a bit for me to say about this run.
1. The runner clearly knows and has done this a few attempts before as he ends the game with 99.99% before the final breath. I was wondering if he wasn't using d-dash enough early but obviously he was on very stringent records.

2. Having looked into just the d% math, he also grabs a fast weapon and abuses the games agility formula so that he gets his turns in quickly. All fights are done within the EX turn. All bosses are done the earliest they reasonably can be.

3. There is not much else to really say since the run looks and feels optimized. I would try to comment somewhere, but the runner has done more than his homework. He probably has nearly written the book on this one. While i did write an faq for this once, it was limited and never included the d-breath abuse this run uses. btw d-breath is op when used RIGHT.

this run is an accept from me.
not much else to say, video/audio was fine the way through.

Quote:
This run definitely had an excellent display of D-Breath pwnage. Also, did he end up with 99.99%? It looked like 99.49%, but it was rather blurry.

Quote:
I really don't have anything to say aside from the level of optimization in this run is ridiculous. The runner ends up with the very maximum percentage of d-counter you can have without game overing at the very end of the game, 99.99%. Nothing else needs to be said except for accept.

I think there was another verification response for this run, and it was pretty much the same as the others, an easy accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I don't think anyone thought a sub-hour time was possible for this game until now.
Thread title:  
Weegee Time
Sub-hour whaaaaaaaat?  Great, now I'm going to be in suspense until this run is posted.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
What Rakuen said. Shocked
Yeah, it really was a hell of a watch. Definitely top-10 run on the site.
Is PJ
I am amazed that any BoF game can be beaten in under an hour.  Despite never having played this game before, I will definitely watch this run!
Edit history:
Rakuen: 2011-02-15 09:58:26 pm
Weegee Time
It's even more impressive when you consider the game's gimmick was a pseudo-New Game+ system.  It was made to drive you into the ground, and then you'd start over with a portion of your experience intact.  Later you could do experience loops using Kokon Horay, but you had to get there first.  I really want to see how this got pulled off in an hour.

Actually, I never beat this game because I kept screwing around in Kokon Horay...
I want off the ride....
^ as it was intended to be done. Outside of battle when normal fights are considered

inside when its a boss lol. (Dragon) its really amazing. and i was shocked. I thought there were improvements until i saw the final segment... its amazing to say the least. It'd be a feat to do SS for sure.
Thank you all for watching and commenting :p. I could have used more D-Dashing in the earlier segments, but the last 2 segments gave me the best oppertunity to make the 99,99%. When I was busy with this speedrun and I had to wait on the train/bus going to school, I theorized about the game to optimize it, it's nice to see that most of my thoughts are displayed in this run. But I know there is way to even further down this time with 2 minutes on the clearscreen time, but this is something I wont do, it gives a whole new level of frustration haha...
The Gaming Lawyer
Having played the heck out of this game back in the day...sub-1 hour to beat it is just jaw dropping O.o.  I can't WAIT to see this Cheesy
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
My roommate and are speedrun racing this game sight unseen this weekend. The fact that it can be beaten in under an hour segmented is promising, but...um...I'll let you guys know how it goes when it's over =P
Edit history:
Samthe3rd: 2011-05-20 07:18:05 pm
Now that a normal play through is out of the way, how about a "Get 1/4 D-Ratio" run?  Relay can start at any D-Ratio worse than 1/4.
I wouldn't want to see that, Sam, if it was starting at the base D-ratio. The Kokon Horay would be incredibly boring to watch and would likely be the longest part of the run.
Weegee Time
Part of me wants to see Kokon Horay done in a run, and part of me just wants to be content with this run.

And on that note, I finally managed to watch this a few days ago.  Dragon for god-tier.  That is all.
I just noticed what you said earlier.. isn't the most efficient experience loop against Elyon?
Weegee Time
Quote from Eternalspirit:
I just noticed what you said earlier.. isn't the most efficient experience loop against Elyon?

I have no idea because I never got that far.  But I suppose if it has a quick restore point, you can harvest gobs of experience.
Quote from Rakuen:
Quote from Eternalspirit:

I have no idea because I never got that far.  But I suppose if it has a quick restore point, you can harvest gobs of experience.

That's where I was farming EXP. Elyon makes 2 Clones of himself every turn if they do not currently exist, so you could exhaust your D-Ratio killing those clones and then SOL restart. You needed to triple D-Charge + Hurricane to off them in one turn.