List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Bomberman64.html

SS Hard mode any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I would like to point out that this run is again ran on pal version like last submission.

First off i would like to say audio and video was good and no too goody two shoes trickery here.

Blue Resort

1. Was very good and pretty much the same as last submission.  ~Accept

2. Getting the dizzy boost on stage 3 of black fortress does not make up for the time lost here for not tossing Artemis. ~Week Reject

3. Could be better but for pal version it went great. ~Accept

4. Again getting the dizzy boost on stage 3 of black fortress does not make up for the time lost here for not getting the bomb in the mouth to make Leviathan lose 2 hearts. ~Week Accept

Red Mountain

1. Doing the inflated bomb dizzy skip to cross the gaps does save some time here. ~Accept

2. You can toss him. ~Reject (Or is that a TAS only strategy? If so ~Accept)

3. Actually, you don't need to stun the first or second spinner. ~Reject

4. Bad luck and did not get the long spin attack witch lost him some time and also stunned him. ~Reject

White Glacier

1. Uses a better strategy then last submission ~Accept

2. Awesome time and luck. ~Accept

3. Same as last submission. ~Accept

4. Even with the missing of the bomb it still went by with a really good time. ~Accept

Green Garden

1. Same quality and speed as last time. ~Accept

2. Same strategy used as last submission. ~Accept

3. Same strategy as last submission. ~Accept

4. Good speed overall. ~Accept

Black Fortress

1. Great Speed. ~Accept

2. You could have gotten better luck here as you did in the last submission even though it was a good time nonetheless. ~Week Reject

3. Same as stage 1. ~Accept

4. Same as stage 1 & 3. ~Accept

So that leaves us with 14 Accepts, 3 Rejects, 1 Week Accept & 2 Week Rejects. I would put that at a very week or even more so accept. But i will edit this latter when more people commentate on the run.

EDIT: Oops i mixed my comments for Green Garden 2 and Red Mountain 2, so now fixed Smiley

Quote:
must... find... anything... to... add... must... legitimate... my... existance... as... verifyer... damn.

Quote:
There's nothing very much for me to say here, unlike last time. Strongfox mentioned a lot of the things that I would have brought up myself so rather I'll just touch on some of the things he brought up.

First and foremost, no audio/video problems, and verifier seal of approval! Absolutely no shenanigans here, no pulling of the wool over our eyes on this one :V

Now onto the whole.. verifying thing, I guess. I should mention here that all of the gameplay levels (not bosses) were done well, and no *major* mistakes happened unlike the last submission, so immediately A+ in my book.

Blue 2- It looks like everything is going well until for some odd reason he was unable to pick up Artemis for the quick kill, so he struggled to take care of him/her/it(?). It was unfortunate and you have my sympathy.

Blue 4- Now as far as patterns for this boss goes, it's very Semi-poor. On the first hit, Leviathan decided to do his whole wind cutter/tidal wave combo which is slow. Granted, this only happened once and the rest of the fight went perfectly, so in my eyes this is acceptable.

Red 2- It *is* possible to toss him off the edge, but for those who haven't dabbled to much in the game let me just re-iterate: Orion is an asshole >:I . With that being said, this is possibly one of the best non-toss battles I've seen on Orion, and it was impressive.

Red 4- Unfortunately does not do his Endurance Ballerina Spin of Death so no, this is not as fast as it could be. Could have been better but what can you do?

White Glacier and Green Garden couldn't have been better aside from a single bomb toss at Cold Killers. Well done.

Black 3- OH HEY YOU DIDN'T DIE HERE LIKE LAST TIME AND THIS LEVEL LOOKS VERY GOOD~~ auto accept. Everything was pulled off the way it needed to be.

Black 4- He states here that he has no strategy on Altair's first form.............................................................andneitherdoI. But even with zero strategy, I will say this for the record: the way he was able to bounce him off of the stage can be applied at the very beginning by running down at the bottom of the stage and placing bombs. Most of the time he'll follow you down to the bottom and place bombs behind him and if he bounces off your bombs then he gets knocked off the stage. I'm iffy about this boss, but with how well everything else went in the run, I can overlook it.

So with Everything in mind: He doesn't die like he did last time. He improved his time not by one, but two(!!) minutes and some change, AND he had fairly better boss luck than last time. This is a stellar improvement and I redeem it worthy of gracing this site's majesty. ACCEPT

Quote from Verifier #2:
The runner gets an Accept from me too, if that wasn't clear.

Quote:
ACCEPT is my decision on this.

Audio and video look good to me.

Although there were some parts that still could have some improvement, this is a major improvement over the last submission.

Blue 1 - Excellent.
Blue 2 - Maybe a reset could've been done here still, since it was early in the run and it wasn't as fast of a kill as expected. However, good recovery.
Blue 3 - Excellent on bomb staircases her.
Blue 4 - Pattern was kinda mean with the tidal wave cutter. Makes up for being able to put big bomb inside mouth.

Red 1 - Good job despite the first bomb miss.
Red 2 - Orion is mean. Very fast in light of that.
Red 3 - Maybe too safe of strats towards the end, but still acceptable.
Red 4 - Seemed a little slower than I would've liked, and there were some slow parts and points where dizziness could've been avoided. Almost rejected, but good enough.

White 1 - About as good as it gets.
White 2 - Very nicely done.
White 3 - Very swift, very good.
White 4 - Very quick, and missing one bomb is not a big mistake compared to some of the other mistakes made in the run.

Green 1 - Good.
Green 2 - Good...can be done faster, but still good.
Green 3 - Still good.
Green 4 - Still very good. I always miss hitting this guy for some reason, but you seem to have pulled it off very well.

Black 1 - Fast and good.
Black 2 - This guy is HARD to get a good time on. I think despite missing bomb kicks here and there it was very nice. The fact that he pulled out two orbs were kinda mean, but you handled it well. Also very nice that he only did homing missiles once.
Black 3 - Even though it was towards the end of the run, you were very quick and gutsy in all of your maneuvers. I think this is the highlight of the run for me.
Black 4 - Favorite boss to kill quickly, as the 2nd phase is easy to throw off the edge with a longer dizzy spell.

Overall, once again: ACCEPT. Very nicely done.

Quote:
Video/Audio quality is good, can't find any cheating.  Now for the meat of the process:

--------

Blue Resort:
Stage 1 - Pretty much routine opening.
Stage 2 - Okay that was pretty bad, especially since this is really early-game.  A shame too, considering how quick Artemis was ripe for finishing right at the start.
Stage 3 - Moved at a pretty smooth clip there.
Stage 4 - Not bad.  Not great, but not bad.  Boss luck is a lame thing.

Red Mountain:
Stage 1 - Pretty good up until the switches, though by that point it's still acceptable.
Stage 2 - Orion went down at a fairly steady clip (Especially considering how much of a PAIN it is to set him up for a dunk.  Or land consecutive hits due to that stupid force field.)
Stage 3 - Lost a bit of time waiting out the second mine cart (You got all that time to pump another bomb!  And as long as you stun the pickaxe guy you can pass by him easy) and lost some more with safe strats (And pumping that last bomb I guess but I dunno if that was just reactionary or not, all things considered).  Also being all the way in the back when the platform fell.  A good close safe spot is probably between the second pillar and the barrel where you enter that platform area.  Sub-6000 at best, sub-7000 at worst.  But enough nitpickiness.
Stage 4 - Eh...  Discounting boss luck and comments, that battle could have been managed a little better (Could have snuck in an extra pumped bomb or two.)

White Glacier:
Stage 1 - Okay, that was some pretty smooth stuff.  A shame wind blows (In every sense of the word).  I especially liked the pumped bomb corner toss.  As a side note, I find it hilarious how the red guy had no idea he was behind him.
Stage 2 - Okay good, he does pull off the quick-kill here.
Stage 3 - Slingin' around that ice like he just doesn't give a care.
Stage 4 - Pretty smooth spider fight, despite the extra bomb.

Green Garden:
Stage 1 - Fairly steady clip.
Stage 2 - Fairly steady clip.
Stage 3 - Fairly steady clip.
Stage 4 - You get the idea by now.

Black Fortress:
Stage 1 - Etc.
Stage 2 - Oh jeez High-Tech Harvester.  All things considered (especially considering bad luck), good execution.
Stage 3 - Trap Tower is probably one of my favorite speedrun level routes.  Pulled off fairly well too.
Stage 4 - I usually just kick bombs at Vega's laser so it hits it, but I admit that there isn't really a foolproof plan for phase 1.  The end of phase 1 was hilarious though.  And phase 2 was as much of a joke as usual.

--------

I do have to admit this was pretty snappy, but all the same the beginning could use some more polish.  It's a bit hard to decide but I'll go with an accept on this one, as it's still pretty good.  And at the same time suggest that somewhere down the line the runner make this even more amazing.

Quote:
You know the funny thing about being the last verifier is?  By the time you finally begin to start posting your comments, there isn't anything more you can add that hasn't already been said by other verifiers.

The run as a whole still has a few minor complications here and there, but from what I've heard, this run was greatly improved from the last attempt done, so I will also accept this run as well.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Andreas ‘Ecko65’ Pflug
Thread title:  
Edit history:
AniMeowzerz: 2012-04-25 02:56:13 pm
YOU SPOILED ONE OF THE VERIFIERS !!!

How could you let them know one of them was me :'[
Haters gonna hate
Ani plays Bomberman 64?

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
okay thanks guys
Quote from AniMeowzerz:
YOU SPOILED ONE OF THE VERIFIERS !!!

How could you let them know one of them was me :'[

Actually that's 2 of the versifiers lol as my name is left in there
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Ahh so there's another Pflug in the SDA project?
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
glad to see a run that got accepted.
this should be fun to see.
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Ahh so there's another Pflug in the SDA project?

yes