List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Mirko Brown's PC run with deathwarps

Verifier Responses

Quote:
This is a very impressive run. Even more impressive is the thought of how powerful the computer running/recording it must be. I saw no signs of cheating, however, death warping and clever movement through the game caused many many segments of the game to allowed being skipped altogether. I'm not sure if this would qualify as a separate category, but either way, this run is legit and very impressive.

Quote:
The high quality videos seem to be missing a segment between 4 and 5, I'm unsure if they are missing anything else as I restarted and watched the entire thing on normal quality. As far as game play goes, everything looks fine, no cheating that I noticed. The quality of game play went from about average at the beginning to insane later on, so I think it meets standards.

Quote:
A good and interesting run through well worth watching for fans of fps runs and obviously Bioshock in particular. No major mistakes

Quote:
I've finished watching the PC speedrun and it looks fine.  Harvesting the Little Sister seemed like a waste of time, though, since I didn't see anywhere that having Electro Bolt was important after he bought the plasmid slot.  The main tricks that he used to save time I had previously seen on videos from other people, so it can be assumed that he didn't just hack the game to get them to work.

There were two verifiers who gave me responses over IRC.

One was pleasantly surprised by how good the run was. He wasn't expecting much at first, but the run had good aim, a lot of cool time savers, and good use of death warping.

The other thought the run was pretty good, but he noticed some continuity errors concerning ammo. However, it turns out these continuity errors are simply things the game ends up giving you in story events and cutscenes.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Everyone liked the run - they thought the run had good gameplay and creative tricks and death warps. The continuity issue was settled, so there really is no reason to reject this run.
Thread title: