List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Rejecting for being much slower than it could be. I screencapped a 1:43 to show how bad it is. Yes, an eight second improvement over a sub-2 minute run. As a note to all future runners of this game (lol), don't submit if you have worse than 1:39.

Quote:
Agreeing with Verifier above, the run is much too slow. There is too much "safety" buffering. There needs to be more aggressive of an input and so forth. The opening of the lock was a bit slow. typing angel shouldn't be a problem IIRC you can just CTRL+V that part too so it doesn't even have to be typed DURING the run... anyway.

its just a bit too slow.

Quote:
First, I'll point out that this game is a bit harder to speedrun than it looks due to many of the hitboxes being tiny and not positioned exactly where it looks like they should be. That said, the execution in this run is not great. I found it often worked better to click rapidly around the vicinity of the target rather than try to aim at it exactly, as the runner seemed to be doing. In cases where there are other things you need to avoid clicking (like the keypads), the hitboxes seem to be mispositioned in a consistent direction, so it's possible to compensate. The trip switches can also be done much faster by clicking rapidly and moving the cursor in an arc without worrying about where the exact spots are. The order in which the screens were visited seemed optimal, but the order in which things were done on each screen could have been better to minimize mouse travel. I was able to beat this run after several attempts and my mouse skills are nothing special, so I'd have to say reject.

Quote:
Agreeing with everything that has been said above.  Several seconds are lost during the activation of the trip switches, which can be done in 1-2 seconds with rapid clicking. Also the keypad input could be sped up quite a bit. I managed to get a 1:48 after only a few tries and since the first verifier screenshot a 1:43, a have to recommend a reject here.

Decision: Reject

Reason: The run takes it too slow and isn't aggressive enough.

This run will be available for a month. PM me for a link.
Thread title: