List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Beacon (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Jumping is faster than just walking, as i tested.
You can "get away" with slightly long falls without dying. At certain distances you stun for a second.
So, optimizing falling is what you have to look for.
at 0:50, the player hits very few ledges, falling faster.
at 0:56, he skips a section by using the jetpack to slow his decent so he only stuns.
at 1:02, he has an unnessesary stun, minimal loss.
at 2:07, laser beams have a strange aiming system...they can easily mindgame you.
at 2:30, this section is one of the more difficult, especially to route without dying. Taking Stun here is indeed the fastest.
at 2:48. I HATE THESE GUNS.
3:49 game time is excellent, considering the game's length

I'm giving an Accept

RAR

Quote:
Is the run fast enough for an accept? Probably. But considering that this game is really damned easy to speed run, I had expected it to be a 3:38 (or possibly 3:37) rather than 3:39. It's a tiny difference, sure, but given the nature of the game there's no real reason for this difference to exist. I'm pretty sure the runner could have gotten that 3:38 if he had spent half an afternoon extra doing attempts for this game.

Withholding my verdict for the moment. I'll have a go at the game myself again, and will try to beat this run's time. I'll post again in a few days.

EDIT: I'm going with verifier #4 on this. It's a reject from me as well.

Quote:
The run has several stuns very early on, of which at least one could have been avoided easily. Also some of the jumps aren´t as smooth as they could have been, but all in all we are talking about a second, maybe two, so I will still recommend an accept, because a rejection would be a bit too harsh in my opinion, even though the game is relatively easy too speedrun.

Quote:
I find it quite difficult to decide whether to accept or reject the run... Because the run is short and it's pretty straightforward stuff with some jump memorization. Especially those few stuns in the beginning make me cringe. A few bumps here and there. And knowing the runner I'm very positive he can do better.

It won't matter anymore for the final outcome but I'm going to be the black sheep in here and reject it Smiley I just feel that the runner can do much better.

Decision: Reject

Reason: After watching the run and reading these comments, it seems apparent to me that most people who play this game can achieve a time faster than 3:39 with practice. I feel that for a game that is this simple (and short), visible mistakes such as the two stuns within the first minute shouldn't be in the run.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/148/
Thread title: