Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 ... 13, 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Any progress Gibb?
Hey guys, Nah not really. Ive slipped in a couple of attempts but theyve been failures. Im on holidays in 2 weeks so im just going to play non-stop and try to get it done...
Sounds good to me. Eagerly awaiting this then. Smiley
As am I....also eagerly awaiting banjo tooie XBLA release....
*UPDATE*

Well its been an interesting few days. Heres the story.
1st run attempt: 2.41.01
Second run attempt: Gunning it, and lost in the Boggy race on running boots :S thats a new one
3rd run attempt: Going extremely well and die in Rusty Buckey Bay by drowning in a dodgy fashion without realising. Kept playing on though, managing: 2.40.47: A personal best by 3 seconds (great...)

The good news has been I havn't needed to start runs over early in the game anywhere near as much as in the past, I think about 6 in total attempts probably.
Im still aiming for 2.40 but I think it can be better, feeling pretty good so far though
Awesome dude! This run is going to be killer.
Well, I have some good news...

the run is DONE!!!

Well it has been a journey, including this run itself. Everthing went very well for the most part. 2 or 3 minor errors, causing maybe 10 -20 seconds each, but nothing to worry about. The only considerable error didn't come until furnace fun (I had a strange and bad feeling this might happen just when everything was going right), I missed the second joker card, I can't remember what the question was, so I had to do a time game. I got MR VILE! (thatd be right!), anyway, he was short work with the running boots, but it probably wasted the longest out of any of the others, not sure. Then the rest of furnace and witch went well.

Times:

SM: 2.13
MM: 6.03
TT: 9.14
CC: 11.08
BGS: 16.06 (this can't be right, I have a feeling doing Mr. Vile again added and extra minute, which is a bit strange)
FP: 15.15
GV: 13.18
MMM: 12.35
RBB: 15.38 - This was another significant error, but not on my part. I got caught on the window for the whole of the first propella spin and had to hit the switches again. I think this can be forgiven though
CCW: 23.45
GL: 34.32

Game Time: 2.40.05

Ok, I didn't hit Sub 40, but that's as good as it gets for now. I hit all the main tricks that I wanted to, so im pretty happy. It was very consistent except for the things mentioned...

It is on 2 DVD-RW 2 hour long discs. Do I finalise before sending?
And who do I send it to?
torch slug since 2006
Well first off all congratulations, this will be awesome to watch, but I was little sad when I read "2 or 3 minor errors, causing maybe 10 -20 seconds each" and "I missed the second joker card". How ever..

2 DVD-RW I think you can use Anri-chan to finalize it, and you probaly send it to nate if im not totally wrong. Check the submission ..something.. page.
Everything's better with Magitek
Great job, Gibbatizer!  I'll be looking forward to seeing this run.

Yes, you need to finalize the discs (your DVD recorder should be able to do it).  Then send a PM to Mike (mikwuyma), and he'll give you the information about sending in the run.  Be aware that he'll probably ask you to send him your run comments before you can submit your run, though.
lol, look how late I am to this party...  Roll Eyes

Well done on beating the previous time. It's a little disheartening to hear the time for BGS and especially the RBB error... I don't think it'll stop the run from being accepted either way but I'm still unsure how you'd get caught for that long. :/ (were you just running against the window from random angles trying to get through or flap flipping or what? Might have to check when I watch)

BUT with that said, looking over the other times everything else sounds really solid and I'm looking forward to seeing the run. Smiley
I have no idea what happened with the window. It seemed as though I was lined up absoloutely perfect. i did the same thing I always do and usually I go through in the first 5 - 10 seconds, 20 at the most. Just some freak thing that happened...
Food goes in here
Wow a new BK run has been a looong time coming lol. Congrats and nice time. About that window, I feel your pain for sure. It's really weird, sometimes I get it first try, and others (like in your run), I would miss an entire propeller spin and have to hit the switches again.
Congratulations;

Can't wait to see the run, I can't believe freezeezy time, i thought id found the best route that could get 16 mins on a perfect run. Same with MMM, wanna see that route.

ive never tried the window run through thing yet so i cant relate, but if your thinking of going for sub 2:40, thatd be awesome.

hey people, I have finished my author comments, and should be uploading (or trying to) in the next week or 2.
Edit history:
kowbrainz: 2009-07-06 01:04:41 am
thank fucking god... was getting a bit worried heh.

oh, and did this run ever appear in the verification topic? did I miss that boat? is this the wrong place to ask? ^.^;
hey, i have sent my author comments and details to Mike, he said he will give me torrent info soon , thats the latest that i know.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quote from Gibbatizer:
hey, i have sent my author comments and details to Mike, he said he will give me torrent info soon , thats the latest that i know.

It says this guy hasn't been on SDA since he made this post, so it looks like we'll be waiting a while.
Yes, a bunny riding a towel
looks like he wasn't even active when he made the post?
Dont worry, i might not log in but i am very much still around the place. I check every few days to see if B-K comes up in the Speedrun Verification page, so far I havnt seen anything. I'll msg Mike again soon...
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yeah, I was going to contact you about that, but I never saw  you on MSN. I don't think I ever received your info, and if I did, I'm sorry, because you can just send in your run right away. (I'll PM torrent info soon).
Edit history:
KN4life: 2012-08-07 12:58:13 am
Was anyone aware of this trick before?

I will be posting this on both this and the Any% thread.
Did you find a consistent way to manipulate where those jiggies spawn? I always assumed they randomly popped out of the ground, but if you know a way to get them to always overlap with quick setup then that's neat Smiley
Actually, the way I do it in the video has made them land near, or on top of each other, every time I've done it so far. I figured this out when I was streaming earlier.
It seems like with this setup in your video it takes a lot longer? I'll try it on my ntsc copy right now I guess.
Edit history:
KN4life: 2012-08-07 02:41:10 am
It's seems just as fast. The Jiggy you get for shooting Conga should always land in the same spot no matter what. I think it's the fact I run off as far as possible for the last Orange Panel before the orange hits it that makes it consistent.