Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/BaldursGate2.html

Eli 'Smilge' Chase's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Well, I just watched it again anyway.

Video Quality: (MP4) It's not too bad, but the screen definitely is fuzzy.
Gameplay Quality:
Good mousemanship throughout, some very minor slowdowns at a couple of shops, good use of keyboard shortcuts. Excellent planning. Some rerecording at the end to make the fights a bit faster might give him a few seconds but other than that the run is top-notch. It's an improvement anyway, so I say yes!

Quote:
Brilliant run, and a wonderful addition to the site. Rampant and clever abuse of powers, both intended and unintended, to breeze past entire chapters in seconds, and avoid normally unavoidable fights and encounters. I think he actually fights... four times, if I'm counting correctly, in the entire game, for a grand total of about two minutes.

Beats a vampire using nothing but Flame Arrow. Humiliating.

Even the menu and inventory use is expert and smooth, obviously highly practiced - often a problem in otherwise good runs.

Approved, approved, approved. If this run is beatable I'll eat Demogorgon's hat.

Quote:
Verifier: bg2 is great, faster than damurdoc's run
Verifier: i dunno how these games work for category, but different character this time
Verifier: elf mage/thief instead of human sorcerer
Verifier: it's typical bg running stuff
Verifier: polymorphing through walls
Verifier: pickpocket
Verifier: etc
Verifier: hide in shadows lol

Decision: Accept

Reason: This run improves a run that was already good, it's a no-brainer.
Thread title:  
The BaldurManiac
Can't wait to see this run.
Quote:
Approved, approved, approved. If this run is beatable I'll eat Demogorgon's hat.

lawl
Wow, I'm blown away with how awesome the verifier responses are. Thanks, and I look forward to submitting more runs in the future.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from DAMURDOC:
Can't wait to see this run.
Quote:

lawl

I fully expect to be nibbling on hat at some point. Runs are ALWAYS beatable... mmm, extra spicy!
Quote from mikwuyma:

That its the most imbecile and pathetic avatar that i've ever seen.

How retard can you be, fking ASSHOLE???
Stalker!
look at the date of the posts
Is it really OK to allow the infinite money glitch? As I understand, a big part of the game is saving up the cash to get to Spellhold.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
You can have most of the money you need just doing one sidequest in the circus tent right where you escape Irenicus' dungeon.

He actually cuts out a lot more using both glitches and legitimate methods later (see where he essentially avoids the entire Underdark section, for example.)

Time-saving glitches are legit.  I imagine a weird glitch that let you input a button sequence and finish the game in five seconds would be out, since then there's literally no point to watching the video, but in general anything that saves time is not only allowed but encouraged.
What ronrab said. When played normally, yes, a big part of the game is saving up the money to get to spellhold, but in a speedrun it'd take less than 30 seconds even without the infinite gold glitch. All you'd have to do is get one valuable item, find a fence, sell him the item, steal it back, sell it again, steal it again, and so on 4 or 5 times and you've got your 15000 gold. The infinite gold skips 60 seconds of gameplay or less (part of which is the time taken to get the gold, part of which is the backtracking time because there are no fences in the Promenade and you'd have to backtrack there to buy scrolls), plus it's a method used in the BGI and Icewind Dale runs.