My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

normal difficulty run using the default ship

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: ok i finally got the asteroids stuff i said so here it is
Verifier: i counted up the deaths again
Verifier: i think it's 19, i'm not 100% sure i caught them all
Verifier: obviously it's not death abuse since when you die you have to respawn which wastes time
Verifier: the run was segmented too, and on the easiest difficulty setting
Verifier: also he picked the default ship
Verifier: and there's another ship which moves faster and turns faster, and the drawback is that the shields are weaker
Verifier: so that's the ship you'd obviously want to run with
Verifier: the run isn't really fast at all, he misses tons of shots nonstop
Verifier: if someone was dying 19 times bc he was intentionally point blanking everything and ended with like 1 life left, that could maybe possibly make sense (but not really in this game)
Verifier: but he ends with 16 lives, it's just that ps1 space invaders on the easiest setting gives you a shitton of lives

Quote:
Hey. Finally got around to watching the Asteroids run so here goes,

Audio/video are fine and no foul play present.

segment by segment analysis is cool

pregame:
why the Dagger over the Rapier? Rapier sacrifices some shield to be better in rotation, thrust, and firepower so shouldn't that be faster in the long run? Most of the time I don't think the difference in shield would even have come into play due to it being full when death occurred. There's also the L1 button which warps to another location on the screen (at a complete stop even!) if you find something unavoidable coming right at you. I don't know how much that can be used since its not really safe to do when the screen is crowded but where you spend a second finding yourself again you could save a few from not dying and it's unlimited. Possible time saving??

Seg1:
5 Deaths already Sad Unlocking classic Asteroids Smiley

Seg2:
4 more deaths. 2nd death in 2-13 takes ~16 seconds to respawn. I don't know what causes that, but it doesn't look too pretty.

Seg3:
"those deaths in Levels 2, 7, 9, and 13 were mindnumbingly stupid." taken from the run comments. 7 deaths in 8 minutes. This can definitely be improved.

Seg4:
Only 4 deaths in this stage, but 2 of them are the really long 10+ second waster deaths. Better play than stage 3 since I personally think this is harder and I hate the big space worm/slugs and blade alien ship as well.

Seg5:
This is what the rest of the run should look like. I don't know how you managed to die the least in the longest segment, but this is easily the most impressive gameplay of the run.

Save the Earth!!: raped face in this. Everything dies quick. Little late on the missile armageddon so 2 asteroids hit the earth at the same time. big deal no real time lost. One other hits but it's not important.
6-1: so much is going on here and it's decimated with ease. insane
Boss: first form doesn't want to cooperate but after that it's over in a flash.

Final thoughts: I don't know if using the Rapier really makes that much of a difference nor do I know about warp vs shields so I'm not even gonna bother with that. The biggest bone I have to pick with the run is the amount of deaths. 22. In a segmented run. Some of them don't cost too much time, but there's 3 that cost +10 seconds on their own and all the others do add up. There's no real planning to be done and the only optimization is killing things faster/not dying unless you want to go TAS with the powerups or something. If the entire run looked like the 5th segment I would have absolutely no problem giving this a good ole 2 thumbs up, but unfortunately I'm going to say nay on this (and feel bad for coming in 2 years after the run was finished to do it) but I'm sure the runner could do better if he went back to it judging by the quality of his other videos on SDA. Hopefully he does even though he put this on youtube a year ago.

Reject Sad

Decision: Reject

Reason: Even though the run is on normal and the ships would most likely be separate categories, the run has way too many deaths for a segmented run.
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Given that the run is nearly 2 years old, I guess it's to be expected.  Glad that we can finally put this thing to rest.

And no, I'm not really planning on visiting this thing again anytime soon.
Balls jerky
aww =(