1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

New Game + (20 throwing knives) run.

Verifier Responses

Quote:
accept
high points: combat, glitches
low points: safe running
audio/video is good, it suffers in places from being on the low quality settings, but I'm pretty sure it's not the recording.

my french is really rusty

Sorry this took me so long to get through, unskipable cutscenes, and mandatory collection quests, this game has everything

the runner could have taken a little more risk getting from place to place, but with segments this long, it's understandable. With the way the controls work it's common for the game to make you go in the wrong direction or jump at the wrong place so I'm satisfied with the parkour. With the exception of a few places, the traveling is very smooth.
Combat was generally excellent, for example, it's normally rare to get more then two hidden blade kills at the start of a fight, but the runner normally manages 3 or more. Very little wasted time in combat.

Quote:
Verdict:

Accept.
The only flaw I can see is the safe running, but as the player knows the levels *very* well, it is balanced by this knowledge. Also, the fact that several episodes are played with a very low health level is good and adds to the dramatism of the vid.

During following sequences, the players is keeping the camera pointed at the ground a bit too much, which results in a not so pleasant view, but it may come from framerate problems (as suggested by the average level of details).

As error1 noticed, the combats are all well-managed and really quickly and nicely finished. Avoiding fighting is well used too. Nice.

Quote:
I want to backstab this run with my boner.

Quote:
I accept this run.
The combat is quite nice and I think it's interesting to watch a run in another language.
Safe running doesn't bother me too much so I can't really say anything bad about the run.

Quote:
Now that we got the first segment out of the way, let's talk about the rest of Assassin's Creed 2.  The use of the hidden blade is flawless.  As my other verifiers said, there seem to be too many times that the runner was playing it safe when running around.  Of course, that isn't really a bad thing, but there were times that the runner could have been a bit more reckless to save time.

Overall: Accept, it is a great run in spite of not being able to understand what the hell is being said the whole time...  I wonder if this will lead to us seeing the first assassin's creed getting a speed run or the most recent brotherhood...  As always time will tell...

Quote:
I also accept this run.  The safe running doesn't bother me and he handles everything well.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a good first run for the Assassins Creed series.

Congratulations to Francois Federspiel!
Thread title:  
that Metroidvania guy
I'm shocked I missed the submission of this (or if I didn't I guess I was left off the verifiers list since there is the max of 6). Looking forward to seeing a run from this series here finally. Was this played on the unpatched version that allows the air running glitch or no?
Edit history:
Fed981: 2011-06-13 04:47:50 pm
Thank you all!

It's a real pleasure to see a several months project being accepted. Now I'm waiting for it to be in the game list ^^

@romscout : the run was played on PC (a laptop with a Logitech controller) so the version has been unpatched for a while.