Jeremy 'DK28' Doll's hardest difficulty run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: may as well go through art of fighting too
Verifier: it's dulltastic but I don't see how it could be much faster
Verifier: the ai exploit is pretty amusing

Quote:
Yeah... This run was awesome. Cheesy

- Manipulating Todo and Jack to do the same move over and over to let Robert do his Super was pretty awesome, and it shows the optimization of this run early on.
- Super Fire Blow = smart choice! This saved 5 seconds per round for the rest of the game.
- Lee was an awesome fight. Lee's moves take like 1/3 of your life, so annihilating him was a plus!
- Lost five seconds because King blocked a fireball, which I think is a bigger flaw than the fight with Mr. Big.
- I didn't know breaking two bottles was faster than breaking none in the mini-game. That was pretty cool.
- Mickey was flawless.
- John is an asshole, so this fight is expected to be longer than the others. It was still pretty fast though.
- Mr. Big was a good fight since he got hit by two fireballs --making the fight end faster.
- Mr. Karate thinks he's SO AWESOME because he wears a tengu mask. Making the last boss look like a pansy is the best part of this run. Smiley

The only thing wrong with this fight is when King blocked the fireball in my opinion, and the fight with John could be a little more optimized possibly, but the rest of the run makes up for those two things.
Decision: Accept
Reason: Made Hard mode look like Easy Mode

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is the result of allowing fighting games on the site. Rejoice?
Thread title:  
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Woohoo!  Thank you verifiers.  Haven't touched the game since I submitted earlier this year.  I'm definitely out of shape on this one. 

@ verifier 1 - Yeah, dull for a fighting game, this was before they got really interesting.
@ verifier 2 - I was happy to include the super in the run.  The horrible animation makes it great.  King is kind of 50/50 on blocking.  I account for her blocking to err on the side of caution.  One bottle is fastest, but the timing risks breaking zero, tenth of a second to be safe is no biggie.  John is the biggest arse, he always blocks. 

And I'll do audio commentary for this one too.
Edit history:
MAS8705: 2011-02-16 01:47:44 am
MAS8705: 2011-02-16 01:47:44 am
MAS8705: 2011-02-16 01:47:43 am
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Wait a minute... You mean to tell me this was about 5 months ago and nothing has been shown for it yet!?!?  I mean, I know it takes a couple of months to publish (including my own run) but this one caught me completely off guard...

Sheesh, now I feel like an idiot to think that we haven't had any fighting games verified yet...  I guess this is a bump perhaps, but another part to hopefully remind our wonderful staff to catch up a bit if possible...  Smiley
Willing to teach you the impossible
I am sure some other runs are in the same boat too
Waiting hurts my soul...
Castlevania: Judgment is a fighting game... http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaJudgment.html
It's a BIG HEAD!
Quote:
I am sure some other runs are in the same boat too

Yup, like mine.

But what I've looked, the date for this game and other ones from September is quite close to what is released now. So I hope that in a few updates they will be up. Wink
Yes, all in good time.
Ask and you shall receive.  Tongue

But holy crap!  Did I really do this run 2/22/10?!  Five days short of being a full year to find verifiers, get accepted and then published.  Whoot!

And the drinks are on me....
Fucking Weeaboo
Glad to know that I continue to inspire runs around here. Smiley
Quote from Sir VG:
Glad to know that I continue to inspire runs around here. Smiley

Actually, that same run of yours inspired me to also do a speedrun of a game. I hope I'll be able to submit it soon.

Also: Gratz with the run getting published ^_^
You know it Sir VG, it also helps that I'm a bit of a Weeaboo myself.  Wink  Still debating a SF2 run....

And thank you Zealie.  Enjoy.
Fucking Weeaboo
Welcome to the Fucking Weeaboo club.  All hail us. Smiley
Thank you Sir.  thumbsup