Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Paul 'lag.com' Davies's Building and Destruction runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Ok, watched that.

Image/sound quality: great.

Authenticity: nothing seems out of order. Not that you can really cheat at Arcomage, though.

Run quality: good. I was glad to see that my estimate of 20-25 seconds was spot-on. I was particularly impressed that Lag managed to pull off a destroy victory in 20 seconds flat. I usually consider it the hardest (not the longest, though) type of victory to achieve, just because the AI can always rebuild unless you rush it with damage-to-tower attacks.

Both runs are by no means unimprovable (in fact, they even inspired me to try to do it myself), but they're certainly well-manipulated and hard to replicate. I say accept.

One thing that confused me, though, was that 0:19 time entry on the result board . Why wasn't it recorded instead of the 0:20 version? (mike's note: no sound)

Cheers.

Quote:
No problems found.

2 short and sweet runs, not really much more to say about them. The runs are quite optimal, tough to improve.

One nice thing to point out is that the exact time of his Destroy run is 0:20.967, which is 1 frame away from a 0:21. Good job!

There's a time of 0:19 in the list at the end of the Build victory run though. I guess this was from a Destroy victory? Too bad he didn't record that one Undecided

Accepted

Quote:
Video Quality: Can't be better!
Audio Quality: Can't be better! And no desync.

Destruction Victory:

All type of cards have some cards that deal damage to the enemy. Though magic has the most useful ones. And well you can't use them always that is why the runner has to use some that don't really aid to the goal. He could also discard dis useful cards but switching takes time.

Runners gem resoruces is always low so the effective use of cards is undoubted though it is more based on luck.

I accept the run on Destruction Victory.

[hr]

Building Victory:

Only Red and Blue cards can build the tower and walls. Green should only be used to lower enemies capability of damaging your own tower or if there isn't any other card to use. Runner doesn't use Green cards in this run.
In this run runner gets steep economy on magic at the start and mostly uses blue cards which are mostly what the runner gets!

The run was slower than the Destruction Victory but it was well played UNTIL I noticed at the end that he has 5 records that are faster than the shown run and one that is even faster than the Destruction Victory! He doesn't mention it in his comments!

So I have to deny the Building Victory run unless the runner really had more than a 100 tries to get those times done!  Undecided

Runner's response:

Quote:
Uh, the Building and Destruction run times are shown on the same scoreboard. None of the times better than 24 were a building victory.

Also you know about that 19. I've tried many times to replicate it but it hasn't

Verifier:

Quote:
Oh then I accept the Building Victory run too!

Decision: Accept

Reason: The runs are short and quick.
Thread title:  
sda loyalist
Yay! Smiley Now to run a more substantial card game. (check the Magic the Gathering thread in PC Games)

More info about that 19 second one. I recorded it with Camtasia as usual but for some reason every time I close the recorder it forgets my sound settings. I still have the mute video, but it can't be submitted.

Oh, and it took way more than 100 tries to get these. Roll Eyes